Is it possible, that people used internet forums on other planets before the Roman Empire?

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 08:50 pm
What are the odds of this?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 09:10 pm
@Thomas33,
Zero.
roger

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 09:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Dang! I read the title and immediately knew who posted it.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 04:04 pm
@Thomas33,
Cis, Rog, this time Tom's q is perfectly okay

Since the discovery that there might be more planets than stars, without the slightest doubt there have been billions of inhabited Earths, probably millions with an internet
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 05:14 pm
@dalehileman,
I don't believe one person's opinions. I don't want speculation; I want evidence.

http://technofres.com/2016/08/26/nasa-claims-ufo-spaceships-saturns-rings-first-time/
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 05:24 pm
Are you implying that the Roman Empire used the internet or that people from other planets used their internet in front of the Roman Empire, as if seeking permission or something like that?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 05:27 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Hi Gus, Long time no see! Glad to see you're posting.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 05:31 pm
Hello, Cicerone. I have been living in a cave for quite some time without internet access. Nice cave, friendly bears.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 05:39 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
At least you had companionship.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 05:58 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
No. I mean that while the Roman Empire took place on Earth, is it possible that at the same time people on other planets were where our planet is today?

While the Roman Empire existed, is it possible that concurrently on another planet two people were using Facebook, or a version of Facebook or twitter?
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 06:05 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas, not only possible, but probable. Are you kidding me? There are hundreds of thousands of civilizations that have come and gone before the Roman Empire existed. They had Zintar (Uber) before Daniel Boone shot his first squirrel.

I think you are just playing with us on this question.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 07:56 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Hello, Cicerone. I have been living in a cave for quite some time without internet access. Nice cave, friendly bears.

What were you in for? Embezzlement?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 08:28 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Internet in prisons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_prisons
OverviewContentsInternet access in prisons globallyRehabilitating purposesControversy surrounding inmate access to Internet
Internet use in prisons allows inmates to communicate with the outside. Much like the use of telephones in prisons, the use of the internet under supervision, for various purposes, is approved in 49 U.S. correctional systems and five Canadian provinces. Each of the reporting U.S. systems, except Hawaii, Iowa, Nebraska and Nevada, use computers to employ inmate educational programs, as do all five reporting province…
See more on en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license

You were probably in the wrong prison.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 07:24 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Are you implying that the Roman Empire used the internet or that people from other planets used their internet in front of the Roman Empire, as if seeking permission or something like that?

Host, to Cholmondeley, upon the occasion of his farting at the dinner table: "Sir! You have farted before my wife!"

Cholmondeley, abashed: " I'm awfully sorry old chap. I didn't realise that it was her turn."
dalehileman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 11:54 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Sorry Gust if you misunderstood. I was guessing that billions of planets preceding ours were inhabited, with something equivalent to the Internet

There could be a billion trillion planets

https://www.google.com/#q=how+many+stars+are+in+the+universe
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 11:57 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Quote:
just playing with us
I think it's a misunderstanding
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2016 11:58 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
that it was her turn
Thanks Dio, a real whopper, laughed audibly
0 Replies

seac

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 11:25 am
@Thomas33,
I am starting to feel that we humans may be the only ones accomplishing feats using microelectronics or nanoelectronics. Maybe other civilizations in the universe might use organic or telepathic methods of communicating, like the way ants do. To send messages a great distance, they will have to have broadcasting technology, whether primitive or advanced. How they do it might be completely different from us.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 11:31 am
@Thomas33,
No its not possible ! The Romans conquered the Universe and they invented the internet with rocks !
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:08 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I thought it was with spears and swords. Their communication was brutal!
0 Replies