The official "Countdown to Eva's Birthday" thread.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:51 pm
Gus
Gus, ya mean them thingies?

http://www.topbabypages.com/contestparty.html
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:11 pm
Oh boy, a party!!!

My sister flew in from Seattle last night, just to help me celebrate. And a lifetime friend sent a dozen long-stemmed red roses tied up in ribbon. We all went out for steaks last night. Went to the art museum today (one of my favorite places in the world) and spent hours there. Going out for Mexican food tonight. It is an absolutely perfect day here today...sunny, bright blue skies and 70 degrees. Life is good!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:45 pm
http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/BC/C6/2A/iBCC62A2F-0C09-4DAA-9B60-D98D4E5B0EC4.jpg

I'm guessing at the year Eva; if it's wrong I will edit it. Sorry you can't read the fine print...I'm not sure how to post this so that it is legible. Smile
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
Happy Birthday Eva :-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 01:09 pm
Thanks, paula! And colorbook, yes, that is the correct year.

I had a great weekend. They had a surprise party for me at the Mexican restaurant on Saturday night, and we all had a great time. I was completely fooled. I would have been suspicious if they had done it yesterday, on my birthday, but I wasn't suspecting a thing the day before. Yesterday it was beautiful outdoors...Sis & I planted pansies & talked...went through old diaries and photos of long-gone relatives. She also recorded some exquisite piano pieces for me (she's an accomplished musician) so I can listen to them through earphones and actually hear them again. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

SIGH. She left about an hour ago. I don't wanna go back to the old routine yet, but I have no choice....
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 08:15 pm
Eva, it sounds like you had a really super birthday. Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 08:46 pm
Eva wrote:
Oh boy, a party!!!

My sister flew in from Seattle last night, just to help me celebrate. And a lifetime friend sent a dozen long-stemmed red roses tied up in ribbon. We all went out for steaks last night. Went to the art museum today (one of my favorite places in the world) and spent hours there. Going out for Mexican food tonight. It is an absolutely perfect day here today...sunny, bright blue skies and 70 degrees. Life is good!

It sounds like a wonderful couple of days, Eva! Happy, Happy Birthday!!! (...and many happy returns of the day!!!!)
Here's a little something I picked up for you last time I was in London. Hope you like it. Cool

http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/7371/monna_vanna.jpg
Monna Vanna --- Rossetti
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:10 am
Oh, WOW, Piffka! I love it!

It will look perfect above the vermilion tufted loveseat in my bedroom. (Yes, I really do have one...it's a carved mahogany antique. A family heirloom.)
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:17 am
Piffka

You have distinctive taste, I love your choice.

And Eva, above a vermilion loveseat, it sounds like you could give tours of your humble abode.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:39 am
My husband and I have both already lost our parents (none of them lived to see 70), so we've inherited a lot of family heirlooms. Both of us are the sentimental ones in our families.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 09:33:12