What gives your life meaning?

JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:19 am
Of course, Rufio. And sugar. By the way, I really do enjoy white chocolate. I'm just being ornry.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:20 am
I knew you would suck up to the man eventually. Very Happy
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:21 am
Nobody's perfect!
I'm off to sleep.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 09:00 am
Rufio:

Not me ever!!! I am holdig fast - JLN will come back to the true movement of the anti-whites!

I will not cave!

I will not falter!

I will... what's that? You have milk chocolate - of course I want some!

TF
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:00 am
Sjaak's Fine Chocolates - specialty items (See towards bottom of page)

This really is a fine chocolatier. But they have one specialty item, amid all the glass cases, that is a little gross. And the confection is coated with white chocolate - here's the quote

Banana Slug
A truly gastronomical gastropod! By hand pouring milk chocolate with just the right amount of white chocolate, Sjaak's has created a faithful reproduction of the banana slug, the West Coast's most famous mollusk. A life-sized replica that makes an extremely unique gift.
#S-9753...$9.75

I realize this is a philosophical construct here, that sluggo represents the yin and yang of chocolate.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:10 pm
Oh, Osso, you are such a connoseiur of flavours. I'd love to live in your kitchen--is it upstairs?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:48 pm
Not now you wouldn't. I am battling mice. I am the cleaning machine and still...

Anyway, ordinarily it isn't like this, mousewise. I think I have it (them?) licked.

And yes, it is up a few stairs, what with the raised foundation for the basement.

Did you know mice eat chocolate?

Sigh.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:55 pm
Be open, Osso. Mice with garlic?
and a nice chianti.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:26 pm
Listen, I am an old lab person, I am not afraid of mice, but really, I don't want them in my house, even in a casserole.

Woman up in arms. It seems they like peanut butter.

I do so apologize for tangentializing a philo thread. But it seems okay. I'll try to send it back to the subject.

What is the subject again?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:48 pm
Osso,

Did you know that in modern labs they've taken to replacing the mice with lawyers. The change over began when animal rights people began to protest that using mice as experimental subjects was cruel. No one will ever make that objection to using lawyers. Once the labs started using lawyers they discobered other secondary benefits. The supply of lawyers just keeps growing, and there are some things that even rats won't do.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:49 pm
Protecting peanut butter. That warrants serious attention.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:08 pm
Crunchy peanut butter? Chocolate? By George--or John, I think you might have hit on something here!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:31 pm
Well, I am thinking of foetal lawyers...

So good for antibody production! The cages are on C-4... turn to the left... er, the right, er, the middle....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:33 pm
I have found the right zappo thingies. It is all gross, especially since I kind of like mice. Just not HERE.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:36 pm
Okay, I know I have thrown the thread awry. Do we care?
is the meaning of life MICE? surely not, even if they win.
Nor is it peanut butter.

But who is to say the meaning of life is not peanut butter?
Where is Frank when we need him?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:39 pm
Really, I understand. I recall living (1973) in rural Mexico in a small house with an external kitchen "hut." After a while we stopped using it and cooked in our RV because of the stench of dead rats in the space above the "ceiling". Ghastly.
Good night all; I'm off to bed. Busy day.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:39 pm
Osso, have you ever tried mice with peanut butter? Not on the traps, but on a piece of bread? Hmm, then chocolate for dessert?
Time for bed, perchance to dream of chocolate meeces.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:00 am
I think I have got 'em, by golly.

Stay tuned.

Perchance to dream of chocolate and. for those still involved in meaning, chocolate.
0 Replies

nipok

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 11:52 pm
Asherman wrote:
Osso,

Did you know that in modern labs they've taken to replacing the mice with lawyers. The change over began when animal rights people began to protest that using mice as experimental subjects was cruel. No one will ever make that objection to using lawyers. Once the labs started using lawyers they discobered other secondary benefits. The supply of lawyers just keeps growing, and there are some things that even rats won't do.

Reminds me of a lab experiment I read about once. (I apologize up front if this story is too graphic for any of those "Save the Lawyer" fanatics that may be perusing these threads.)

They took 2 lawyers and held out chocolate some distance in front of them. I think one was a Baby Ruth and the other a bag of Peanut M&M's. The technician yelled jump and the two lawyers jumped towards the chocolate. The lawyer jumping towards the peanut M&M's jumped about 6 feet and the other jumped about 5 feet. The other technician wrote down in his notebook approximate jump distance for chocolate 5 ½ feet.

Then they chopped off the left foot of both lawyers and the technician yelled jump. This time the jumps were a less impressive 4 feet and 4 feet 2 inches. This time the lead went to the lawyer trying to catch the Baby Ruth bar. The other technician wrote down in the lab book. One footed lawyers average jump distance for chocolate 4 feet 1 inch.

Then the right foot was chopped off and the technician yelled jump. The other technician watched the results, measured twice and wrote down in the notebook, lawyer with no feet average jump distance for chocolate 2 feet. (no pun intended)

The technicians then decided to remove both the lower legs from the kneecap down from both lawyers. The technician yelled jump. Both lawyers fell forward flat on their face. The second technician wrote down in his notebook, lawyers with no legs go deaf.

Sorry, this really is much better when using frogs for the joke but since the door was opened up I figured we might as well have some fun with it. As far as chocolate goes I have 3 items that you should add to your poll. 1 would be the Snickers ice cream bar. They are expensive but are quite possibly the closest thing to heaven on Earth I have found. Not a hard feat to kill a 6-pack and still want another one. The other chocolate that gives my life meaning takes a little preparation. You need 2 parts Ben and Jerrie's New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream and 2 parts Pettridge Farms Nantucket Cookies. Assemble them with a cookie on the top and a cookie on the bottom and microwave for 20 second (30 seconds at higher altitudes). The last chocolate concoction that makes life worth living is the brownie ala mode. Warm brownie, chocolate ice cream, maybe some chocolate syrup or fudge, aahhh can't be beat. I suppose then that a Nantucket on the bottom with ice cream then a brownie then more chocolate ice cream then a snickers ice cream bar then more ice cream then another cookie on top with some chocolate fudge nuked for 20 seconds and that must be why we were put on this planet.
0 Replies

nipok

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 01:46 am
thethinkfactory wrote:
Join JL and I to fight the our opressors! We are antidiswhitechocolateestablishmentterrorists!

Fight the power brother!

TF

Very Happy

All cacao is created equal : AshenCacaoantidisestablishmentarianism

FYI, a leaf fell from a tree, genus: Theobroma, species: Cacao. We took a look inside to see what made chocolate so good. This is what nature without man's interaction puts in chocolate :

Acetic-acid, aesculetin, alanine, alkaloids, alpha-sitosterol, alpha-theosterol, amyl-acetate, amyl-alcohol, amyl-butyrate, amylase, apigenin-7-o-glucoside, arabinose, arachidic-acid, arginine, ascorbic-acid, ascorbic-acid-oxidase, aspariginase, beta-carotene, beta-sitosterol, beta-theosterol, biotin, caffeic-acid, caffeine, calcium, campesterol, catalase, catechins, catechol, cellulase, cellulose, chlorogenic-acid, chrysoeriol-7-o-glucoside, citric-acid, coumarin, cyanidin, cyanidin-3-beta-l-arabinoside, cyanidin-3-galactoside, cyanidin-glycoside, cycloartanol, d-galactose, decarboxylase, dextrinase, diacetyl, dopamine, epigallocatechin, ergosterol, ferulic-acid, formic-acid, fructose, furfurol, galacturonic-acid, gallocatechin, gentisic-acid, glucose, glutamic-acid, glycerin, glycerophosphatase, glycine, glycolic-acid, glycosidase, haematin, histidine, i-butyric-acid, idaein, invertase, isobutylacetate, isoleucine, isopropyl-acetate, isovitexin, kaempferol, l-epicatechin, leucine, leucocyanidins, linalool, linoleic-acid, lipase, luteolin, luteolin-7-o-glucoside, lysine, lysophosphatidyl-choline, maleic-acid, mannan, manninotriose, mannose, melibiose, mesoinositol, methylheptenone, n-butylacetate, n-nonacosane, niacin, nicotinamide, nicotinic- acid, nitrogen, nonanoic-acid, o-hydroxyphenylacetic-acid, octoic-acid, oleic- acid, oleo-dipalmatin, oleopalmitostearin, oxalic-acid, p-anisic-acid, p-coumaric-acid, p-coumarylquinic-acid, p-hydroxybenzoic-acid, p-hydroxyphenylacetic-acid, palmitic-acid, palmitodiolen, pantothenic-acid, pectin, pentose, peroxidase, phenylacetic-acid, phenylalanine, phlobaphene, phosphatidyl-choline, phosphatidyl- ethanolamine, phosphatidyl-inositol, phospholipids, phosphorus, phytase, planteose, polygalacturonate, polyphenol-oxidase, polyphenols, proline, propionic-acid, propyl-acetate, protocatechuic-acid, purine, pyridoxine, quercetin, quercetin-3-o-galactoside, quercetin-3-o-glucoside, quercitrin, raffinase, raffinose, reductase, rhamnose, riboflavin, rutin, rutoside, saccharose, salsolinol, serine, sinapic-acid, stachyose, stearic-acid, stearodiolein, stigmasterol, sucrose, syringic-acid, tannins, tartaric-acid, theobromine, theophylline, thiamin, threonine, trigonelline, tyramine, tyrosine, valerianic-acid, valine, vanillic-acid, verbascose, verbascotetrose, vitexin

I find the inclusion of nicotinamide and nicotinic-acid very interesting indeed. I am assuming by the name they may be some derivitive of nicotine?
0 Replies