Imam shot and killed in New York City and the ironic aftermath

giujohn

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 05:46 pm
First, let me say the individual who shot and killed the Imam and his assistant on a New York City street is a Despicable piece of human garbage as this was obviously a hate crime. I hope he is swiftly caught and experiences the full measure of the Criminal Justice System.

The ironic part is when I saw a female Muslim spokesman who made a passionate televised plea to the public asking them to put aside any thoughts of what religion the victim was but to envision this happening to their own father, husband, or brother in order for them to "come out of their silence" and express outrage.

A reasonable request?

Absolutely.

I wonder then why law-abiding non radical islamists do not follow that advice, when they witness the atrocities perpetrated by people who have hijacked their religion, by coming out publicly and passionately in a televised statement to denounce the vicious hate-filled murder and terror visited upon the people of this and other countries.

Hypocritical?

What say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 6,936 • Replies: 71

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 06:55 pm
@giujohn,
I don't know if hypocritical is the right term to use, but I get where you're coming from.

It's difficult for me to believe that the MSM refuses to publicize the impassioned outcries from mainstream Muslims in the wake of an Islamist terrorist atrocity, so I tend to thinks they aren't occurring.

The question is why not?

Are they afraid to speak out against jihadis, or, like many African-Americans, are they simply, for the sake of some notion of solidarity, reluctant to criticize one of "their own?"

I don't know the answer but unless they are prepared to be blind towards religion and their culture when confronting atrocities they really have no business asking anyone else to.

giujohn

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 07:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You ask a valid question. Is it fear? If it is it's not a good excuse because innocent Muslims are being killed regardless... So they might as well speak out against it.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:02 pm
No, it's because you're not paying attention. I've seen a number of Moslem condemnations of terrorist attacks.
giujohn

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
Really... You must be keeping them to yourself.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:01 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
... law-abiding non radical islamists...

What's an "islamist?"
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:17 am
@giujohn,
as I said, you haven't been paying attention.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:24 am
First page of Google search, "Moslem condemnation of terrorist attacks
Quote:
Web Results
7 Times Muslims Denounced Terror | Bustle
http://www.bustle.com/articles/149432-7-times-muslims-denounced-terror
Mar 23, 2016 ... Tuesday's deadly terrorist attacks in Brussels, which killed more than 30 ... the globe have publicly expressed their condemnation of terrorism, ...
American Muslims denounce Orlando shooting, extremism - CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/living/orlando-muslims-statement/
Jun 15, 2016 ... The attack again put American Muslims on the defensive, just days after ... Q: There have been many statements from Muslims condemning terrorism. ... We're trapped in this constant cycle of: events, condemnation; events, ...
Muslims Around the World Speak Out Against Terrorist Attacks in Paris
http://time.com/4112830/muslims-paris-terror-attacks-islam-condemn/
Nov 14, 2015 ... Muslims around the world took to social media to condemn the perpetrators of the Paris attacks and defend Islam as a faith of nonviolence.
How 70,000 Muslim Clerics Are Standing Up To Terrorism
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muslim-clerics-condemn-terrorism_us_566adfa1e4b009377b249dea
Dec 11, 2015 ... Almost 70,000 Muslim clerics have come together to pass a fatwa ... The chairman of the gathering said that last month's terror attacks in Paris, ...
American Muslim Organizations Condemn ISIS Terrorism ...
http://www.startribune.com/american-muslim-organizations-condemn-isis-terrorism/273886931/
They do not represent me, American Muslims or the world's 1.5 billion Muslims. ISIS must know that such dreadful acts will never be condoned and will be ...
CAIR's Anti-Terrorism Campaigns - Council on American-Islamic ...
https://www.cair.com/about-us/cair-anti-terrorism-campaigns.html
Dec 22, 2015 ... CAIR's Condemnation of Terrorism. ... we have stated repeatedly since the 9/11 terror attacks, bin Laden never represented Muslims or Islam.
Muslim attitudes toward terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_attitudes_toward_terrorism
A common complaint among non-Muslims is that Muslim religious authorities do not condemn terrorist attacks.
View article on Wikipedia »
Paris terror: Muslim leaders around the world condemn 'heinous ...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/paris-terror-muslim-leaders-around-the-world-condemn-heinous-attacks-a6734711.html
Nov 14, 2015 ... Muslim leaders around the world have condemned the Paris attacks that left 127 people dead and as many as 80 people fighting for their lives ...
Muslims around the world condemn terrorism after the Paris attacks ...
http://qz.com/550104/muslims-around-the-world-condemn-terrorism-after-the-paris-attacks/
Nov 14, 2015 ... Muslims around the world condemn terrorism after the Paris attacks ... The attacks have started a new round of condemnation of Islam itself ...
Islamic Statements Against Terrorism – Charles Kurzman
http://kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-statements-against-terrorism/
11 terrorist attacks not only killed thousands of innocent people in the United States ... viewed by the League as inadmissible and deserving all condemnation.
Searches Related to moslem condemnations of terrorist attacks
7 Times Muslims Denounced Terror
Muslims Around the World Speak Out Against Terrorist Attacks in Paris
American Muslim Organizations Condemn ISIS Terrorism
Council on American-Islamic
American Muslims denounce Orlando shooting
How 70,000 Muslim Clerics Are Standing Up To Terrorism
CAIR's Anti-Terrorism Campaigns
Muslim attitudes toward terrorism Wiki
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:58 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Really... You must be keeping them to yourself.

Not at all. You just watch "news" channels that reflect your own prejudices. You're not interested in the truth.

Come to think of it when did any of your lot condemn what happened in Sandy Hook? Too busy clutching your guns and having dark fantasies for that.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 04:44 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It's difficult for me to believe that the MSM refuses to publicize the impassioned outcries from mainstream Muslims in the wake of an Islamist terrorist atrocity, so I tend to thinks they aren't occurring.

And that's where your assumptions are wrong. Islamic figures and organizations have condemned terrorist attacks myriad times, as Monterey's quick bit of googling confirms. But "national organization of muslims/prominent imam/etc condemns latest terrorist attack (again)" is usually not deemed worthy of more than a sentence or paragraph midway down a press report by most media.
nimh

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 04:45 am
@InfraBlue,
A follower of political Islam: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamism
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 06:18 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

giujohn wrote:
... law-abiding non radical islamists...

What's an "islamist?"

One who implement Islamic values in all spheres of life.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 06:37 am
MontereyJack wrote:

As I said, you haven'y been paying attention.

LOL... No, it's you who haven't been paying attention . I looked into the first one and this is what I found :

In a 2015 interview with MSNBC, Dalia Mogahed, research director at the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding in Washington, responded to the question of whether more Muslim leaders should denounce ISIS (To be clear, many Muslim leaders have done so, over and over again). She said:

I think we should take a step back and ask a different question, which is: ‘Is it justified to demand that Muslims condemn terrorism?’ Now that might sound a little radical even asking it. The reason I say that is this.

Condoning the killing of civilians is, to me, about the most monstrous thing you can to do. And to be suspected of doing something so monstrous, simply because of your faith, seems very unfair.

Now when you look at the majority of terrorist attacks in the United States, according to the FBI, the majority of domestic terror attacks are actually committed by white, male Christians.

So I won't bother reading the rest of it... let me know if I miss leaders of the Muslim Community on prime-time CNN MSNBC CBS NBC and ABC News passionately denouncing Isis and their caliphate and those who are hijacking they're Islamic faith for the purpose of terrorism and murder.

Thank you for playing try again.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 06:59 am
Your lot is composed of nutters who put their desperate and pathetic need to hold a gun above a child's right to life.

And most importantly when you were offered the chance to condemn the Sandy Hook killings you refused. That says it all.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:01 am
giujohn wrote:
Well my lot isn't comprised of anorexics with Asperger syndrome and OCD whose father suspected an undiagnosed case of schizophrenia

Bullshit.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:12 am
@giujohn,
Great job of picking a quote which perfectly exposes your hypocrisy, gluey, try again. Start by reading the rest of the article and the others in the list. Then consider who it is that picks the interviewees on TV and news services, and why they aren't showing you the passionate denunciations of terror attacks that are out there. And you sure as hell KNOW that Fox News won't show them, don't you. Roger Ailes aparently couldn't spare the time from harrassment to research them.

As I said, you ren't paying attention.
giujohn

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:19 am
@izzythepush,
Yes yes and if the person that used a machete you'd say the same thing about machetes or if he drove a tractor trailer into the school you have to say the same thing about tractor trailers... Your reasoning is so spacious as to be laughable.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:22 am
@MontereyJack,
LOL... hey don't blame me you're the one that supplied the article... Find me something in that article that even comes close to a Muslim leader denouncing passionately Isis and their caliphate.

You must realize how weak your argument is if you have to bring up Roger Ailes and the charge of harassment... You're not very good at countering an intelligent discourse are you?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:30 am
@giujohn,
It seems you have a reading comprehension problem. The very first sentence clearly states that Muslim leaders have condemned terrorists. It only asks whether MORE should do so.

The answer is a very clear one when it points out should more white people condemn terrorism by white people? Or better yet, should more police condemn crimes by police? If we follow your logic then police don't condemn crimes by police officers because MORE police haven't condemned such crimes.
giujohn

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:49 am
@parados,
No, it's you that has the comprehension problem.

I asked for instances where Muslim leaders passionately denounced radical islamists terrorists... not an article that says some leaders condemned terrorism without the noting who those leaders or when they did it and what they said.

But thank you for playing... Try again.

1. Forums
  2. » Imam shot and killed in New York City and the ironic aftermath
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:08:01