0
   

Ghosts, love 'em or hate 'em

 
 
Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 12:43 pm
Ghosts, love 'em or hate 'em. Have you met one, do you believe in them or they the figment of the imagination.

http://www.photographymuseum.com/mumler.html

Spiritualism in America--and more specifically, spirit photography-- was taken to court in New York City in 1869. The case: a preliminary hearing for William H. Mumler, who was charged with fraud for selling photographs that he claimed included images of ghosts or spirits.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,023 • Replies: 6
No top replies

 
Equus
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 02:10 pm
I think that 99.9% of ghosts are a result of overactive imagination and explainable causes. But I remain open to the possibility that the other 0.1% MAY be real. I have never seen one, but would find the experience fascinating.

I love ghost stories and I get goosebumps walking through spooky surroundings.
0 Replies
 
New Haven
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 02:22 pm
I doubt that ghosts exist. Angels are another thing. They do exist. Very Happy
0 Replies
 
oldandknew
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 02:43 pm
Angels certainly abound in their multitude. I married one, who in turn gave birth to another one. I believe Angels have a self preservation society, allied to a job creation policy. Evidenced by the abundant female kindliness I tend to meet.
Ghosts I'm not sure of. Quite often and I'm being serious here, I have been sitting at the PC, in late evening, very quiet and been aware of something else in the room standing to my right and slightly behind me. A gray, transparent shroud. Booze ? no i don't drink these days. Imagination ? it's quite lively. Reality ? I'm not sure. Frightening/scarey ? no, in fact it's quite reassuring to me. So I keep an open and receptive mind.
0 Replies
 
steissd
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 02:45 pm
Ghosts exist: in the mind of people suffering from Delirium tremensand other kinds of perception disorders.
0 Replies
 
steissd
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 02:47 pm
The above things surely do not refer to Angels, they do exist.
0 Replies
 
JoanneDorel
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:54 pm
The thought of ghosts intrigues me and I hope that they exist but I have yet to see one. Once in a blue moon I think I hear my mother's voice but that could be my imagination.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Ghosts, love 'em or hate 'em
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/24/2021 at 02:53:34