Why can't a refugee town be built in Syria/Iraq/Turkey

seac

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 06:54 pm
We keep hearing stories of refugees escaping their own country in the Middle East. Having them resettle in foreign countries is not a good solution. Why can't a new town be built for them in their own cultural land? It is possible with protection using United Nation troops. The building of a new town with donations from other countries could provide jobs for the refugees and give them hope to restart what they lost or left.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 26

maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 07:14 pm
@seac,
For Jesus Christ's sake! Have a little heart.

There is a war going on. I don't know if you understand what happens in war. There is a brutal dictator dropping bombs and poison gas on cities that don't support him. There is a death cult that is taking over cities and raping and killing people to show how brutal they are. Pre-teen girls are literally being raped. Children are literally being killed. People who can somehow avoid the bombs and rapists are facing disease and starvation.

What are you worried about, your little comfortable life might be inconvenienced by refugees escaping war? Of course it is a fantasy that UN troops can set up a camp to protect you from refugees... let's not kid around here, this is about protecting you from refugees, right?

I am sorry, but I find your post to be heartless and rather disgusting.

The refugees are leaving because they have to leave. They literally have no other choice. If you can't open up your heart for people who are fleeing war, I don't know what to say.

0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 08:35 pm
@seac,
Yeah, and there's a brutal imperialist power that dropped bombs on innocent people, killing hundreds of thousands of them and creating several million refugees, and all based on false claims of WMDs. I don't recall that imperialist power or the UN, of which they are a part, being too keen on giving much of a **** about the refugees. I don't think refugees trust people who destroy their people and country much anyway . . .
0 Replies

seac

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 10:27 pm
Really guys, I can see what is happening in the Middle East. Youtube is full of tragedies shown by all sides in the conflicts. There are multiple wars going on there. The Middle East is a fairly vast area, there must be a haven where resettlement can be done. The Peshmergas have their well defended safe haven. Why can't the UN provide the same. There will be land, air, and sea support possible, something ISIS lacks. I am not talking about some tent city, but a place where eventually the refugees can conduct normal commerce and sustain themselves. The cost must be less than all the weapons and munitions being expended in the wars. The cheapest aerial guided missile cost about $100K, that could build a lot of houses, and we launch them at some mediocre targets.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 07:23 am
@seac,
Because it is kinder, easier and maybe even cheaper for us to bring them here... away from the war.

The United States (and other European countries) can provide these refugees a stable place to live and raise their families with no fear of violence. That is what they need. What's the problem with that?

We are human beings.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 07:27 am
@seac,
You honestly think that the creation of new targets won't mean someone won't try to bomb them?

Cripes, these people need water, clothes, food, and a place free of bombs.

Or are you going to be merrily moving there with your family next week, in order to show 'em all how it's done?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:11 am
@jespah,
Jespah and Max have both said it well enough that I can't add anything better to the argument. Thanking the two for their respective replies.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:38 pm
Okey dokey. How very Christian of you folks to take in muslims into your home and neighborhood. Yes, they are mostly peaceful folks, then there are the few that will slit your throat over slight negative comments about their religion. I am not a racist, but I have my concerns.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:40 pm
@seac,
Have you read the Bible Seac? The Bible talks quite a bit about loving your enemy, and inviting the stranger in you home.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:50 pm
@seac,
Jesus wrote:
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Jesus is saying that if you don't have the heart to let the refugees in and take care of them, you can go to Hell. I agree with Him.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 02:57 am
@seac,
Muslims live next door to me, they're wonderful people. At least they're not Americans, yes, they are mostly peaceful folks, then there are the few that will shoot up a school or cinema for kicks.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 05:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Muslims live next door to me, they're wonderful people. At least they're not Americans, yes, they are mostly peaceful folks, then there are the few that will shoot up a school or cinema for kicks.

I live one tiny block away from a small storefront mosque. They are quiet and respectful in our neighborhood.

One of the most charming movie theater going experiences, I've encountered recently, was incidentally sitting a seat away from a teenage girl in an obvious hijab laughing her tuchas off and fangirling at the Star Trek: Beyond screening a couple of Sundays ago.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 05:54 am
@tsarstepan,
It's very easy to condemn a whole group of people because of the actions of a tiny minority. One of my other neighbours, a lovely hijab wearing lady, was a useful ally in ensuring the council did something about an aggressive dog sandwiched between the two of us.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:05 am
@izzythepush,
Where I live I am surrounded by Americans. They are mostly peaceful folks too.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:09 am
@maxdancona,
I send them my condolences.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
LOL Izzy. You are funny sometimes.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:54 am
@tsarstepan,
Muslim folks are in my neighborhood, too. Shrug.

BTW, spoiler alert: I would never do anything Christian. Maybe someone should read my profile.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:45 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
I would never do anything Christian.

It's not all bad, try taking up a collection.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 08:31 am
@jespah,
http://cp91279.biography.com/BRAND_BIO_BIO_Martin-Luther-King-Jr-Mini-Biography_0_172243_SF_HD_768x432-16x9.jpg

That's an awfully broad statement. I support this Christian minister (and what he stood for). Didn't you?

I do some Jewish things, some Muslim things and even some Hindu things.
jespah

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 08:36 am
@maxdancona,
Not my point.

I don't want to be lumped into a group where the only good things anyone does are labelled as Christian things.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why can't a refugee town be built in Syria/Iraq/Turkey
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 03:08:47