Why can't a refugee town be built in Syria/Iraq/Turkey

tony5732

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:03 pm
Why can't we let them come here? I am pretty conservative, but I have to admit that it's not like we don't have terrorists in the U.S. anyway. We have 9/11, Timothy McVeigh, multiple school shootings, KKK, Black Lives Matter, etc. We can't say keeping these people out stops terrorism, and I think letting a bunch of people who know the language of our enemies, understand the philosophy, know the tactics of of our enemies, and are treated with kindness and understanding by U.S, might not be a bad thing to have around. Think of it this way, when you here Arabic do you have any idea what they are saying, or writing? I do not, but it would be really nice to have a police officer that does.
0 Replies

ascribbler

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 02:12 am
A refugee nation?

What an island that would be.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 02:22 am
Jesus wept . . . this guy just doesn't understand the situation at all. There are millions of refugees in the middle east. What do you think it would take to create a "town" where millions of people can live, in peace, in safety, with clean water, sewage and trash collection systems, police and fire protection?

According to the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees, there are well over two million Iraqi refugees in the middle east, and almost two million refugees, meaning displaced persons, in Iraq itself. That doesn't take into account how many Syrians are now refugees. Really, Dude, you need to inform yourself before asking a question of this type, which is silly and shallow.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:42 pm
@seac,
The best answer is to tackle the problem that is creating refugees.

But that's neo-con rhetoric, so ignore.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The best answer is to tackle the problem that is creating refugees.

But that's neo-con rhetoric, so ignore.

I agree with you Finn... but just how do we tackle the problem of neo-con rhetoric.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:01 pm
@maxdancona,
You could start by acknowledging it can't always be wrong, but who I am I kidding?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I was just pulling your chain Finn (I didn't actually think that you meant to say that neo-con rhetoric was responsible for creating refugees. It just made me chuckle.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 10:18:07