Who should Bill Clinton plagiarize for his convention speech?

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 04:59 am
It's the Democrats turn for their National Convention. Since Melana Drumpf plagiarized from Michelle Obama's 2008 convention speech, I figure that the potential First Husband, Bill Clinton, should also be given some leeway here.

Who's speech should he pay homage to by swiping a paragraph or two? Drop some sample lines that he should use in his speech for this week's DNC.

jespah

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:38 am
@tsarstepan,
I am, and shall always be, your friend - Spock, from Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan.

Bonus points if Elvis yells, "Khaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:26 am
@tsarstepan,
He ought to read Michelle's speech all the way through....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:50 am
He should plagiarize Obama's first nomination speech, in it's entirety - complete with impersonation of his voice.

And then deny everything and blame it on a speech writer....

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:51 am
@snood,
Bill Clinton wrote:

Four/fifths of a score and seven months ago....
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:41 am
@tsarstepan,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKm_wA-WdI4

Chaplin - One of the best speeches ever delivered.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:51 am
@tsarstepan,
I'm going with Mamie Eisenhower.

Hillary runs the country and I turn the pork chops.

“Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.”

“Vote for my wife or for Governor Stevenson, but please vote.” Laughing

mark noble

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:56 am
@ehBeth,
You've never witnessed the 'Chaplin' speech, I take it?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 12:29 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

You've never witnessed the 'Chaplin' speech, I take it?

I'm certain she's heard of one of Chaplin's most famous talkies of all time, The Great Dictator (1940).
mark noble

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 12:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
That's nice.
Nicer still if she answers for herself though.
Don't you think?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 12:40 pm
@mark noble,
I don't think you realize that this is clearly a joke thread, not that you actually have a sense of humor in the first place.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:23 pm
I'm going with G W Bush. "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 03:06 pm
Oh Boy! This gives me an opening to re-post some of my favorite
BUSHISMS of all time!!!

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."—U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 3, 2000

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."—LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"We ought to make the pie higher."—South Carolina Republican debate, Feb. 15, 2000

"I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq."—meeting with Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."—declining to answer reporters' questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

A wordsmith for the ages......
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 03:16 pm
@snood,
He outdid Yogi Berra.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 09:05 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
"We ought to make the pie higher."

this seems like a good thing to embroider
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 11:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I don't think

I agree.
And it's satire, btw - Of which I am aware.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 11:15 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
the potential First Husband

wore a fetching pantsuit to honor her nomination for US president

(this piece made me so happy)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:15 pm
Actually, I don't think Bill Clinton's ever been accused of plagiarizing and I heard nothing in his speech to suggest he did the other night. (Afterall, how many people have given speeches about how much they love Hillary and how great a person she is?)

If Hillary decides to go that route tonight she should consider Neil Kinnock or Deval Patrick. After all they were good enough for Biden and Obama to steal from.
snood

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 05:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
We've got that you think very poorlyof theClintons and Obama. Still waiting for you or Baldimo or george to make a case for Trump. You are going to vote for him, aren't you?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:02 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Still waiting for you or Baldimo or george to make a case for Trump.

And I'm still waiting for you to be much less of a horse's ass, but sometimes we wait in vain.