Who should Bill Clinton plagiarize for his convention speech?

RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Trumps kid claimed that Bill plagiarized his speech. Dident say what part though. Probably i, or, a, or the. Republicans never lie. They just stretch the truth out of shape.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:11 pm
@RABEL222,
OK - Maybe they're right. I haven't seen the specific accusation.

All politicians should be careful of accusations of plaigiarizing because very, very few of them write their own speeches and their speech writers "borrow" liberally.

This Melania Trump thing is just political mud slinging.

It's good for sensational headlines but it's ultimately meaningless.

Biden had to drop out of his bid for the presidency because he lifted whole sections of a Neil Kinnock speech.

Which was more impactful?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:29 pm
In the day I was a huge fan of Bobby Kennedy and one of his lines that spoke to me was:

“Some people see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say, why not?”

Unfortunately he lifted this from George Bernard Shaw:

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”

He never gave credit to Shaw and was very happy to allow everyone to think this was a product of his eloquence.

All he had to do was add "As George Bernard Shaw once wrote..."

Would it have had less effect? I doubt it, but he wanted people to think he came up with the line.

His brother JFK stole one of his most memorable lines from George St John, headmaster at the Choate School.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

Does the fact that JFK didn't come up with that line render it any less powerful?

This glee about identifying Michelle Obama's lines (likely borrowed as well) in Melania Trump's speech is pure partisan crap devoid of any real concern for intellectual honesty.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

snood wrote:

Still waiting for you or Baldimo or george to make a case for Trump.

And I'm still waiting for you to be much less of a horse's ass, but sometimes we wait in vain.

Aw, see now that wasn't even necessary. Are you ashamed to say you're voting for Trump?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:34 pm
@snood,
Probably not necessary because most members here realize you are a horse's ass, but it was satisfying in a guilty pleasure sort of way.
snood

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Glad to serve, old man, glad to serve. But don't feign guilt - it's very obvious you have to get your kicks from being a juvenile POS.

Now then - are you planning to totally ignore the horse's ass (and all his putrid dealings) representing the GOP in this election until you can slip in and out of the voting booth, while keeping up a constant bitch about Hillary?

Are we supposed to ignore that your candidate is a racist slimebag who rose to prominence bilking middle class people with get rich schemes, bilking the government by declaring backruptcy, and bilking his (now) voting base with mindless trash tv reality shows? A phony who, to all appearances only seems qualified to make the country a laughingstock or a fascist state?

You sure look stupid devoting so much time and energy sliming Hillary while your candidate is hiding his financial records, colluding with enemies of the state and offending and embarrassing everyone who isn't too stupid to know when they've been insulted.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:34 pm
@snood,
Yawn
snood

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Yawn

Not entertaining you? That's okay, you clearly can't recognize wit. I bet you think your prissy-ass, wannabe-a- civics professor Democrat dissembling is can't-miss laughs. Poindexter.
0 Replies