I've been struggling with Bi-Polar Depression and a multitude of other Diagnosis'

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:11 pm
Just recently I was told I do not need To see a Counselor anymore out of therapy and I have a laundry list of diagnosis' some are very uncommon and some common and I actually just recently in past 4 yrs been trying to work with therapists yet everything seems to be going wrong when I try to get help I read a lot about psychology I am aware of my rights and assert them in a appropriate manner always it seems to be a problem in the field of psychology that patients in inpatient or outpatient treatment do not get treated as they should as far as rights go. yet I am not sure what to do as far as this cycle keeps continuing of being treated as if I am not a person who actually wants to get help. The Thing is I have been told by many many professionals im a very high functioning person in comparison to others who struggle with the same issues and I can do things on my own I live alone and am extremely self sufficient I think personally it helps going to see someone every week though and I keep having the same issue of clinicians messing with me about it. I just don't know what to do at this point i was given the suggestion of doing some soul searching when told therapy is not needed and I disagree with therapy not being needed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,672 • Replies: 9
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Kleinmk5
jespah

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 01:11 pm
@Kleinmk5,
Then get a lawyer and have him or her assert your rights in this matter.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 01:18 pm
@Kleinmk5,
Klein many 'script and OTC meds are quite effective
Kleinmk5

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 02:33 pm
@jespah,
would have although I can't afford a lawyer already talked to a good friend of mine whos a lawyer on multiple occasions she said there really isn't much that can be done about it.
0 Replies

Kleinmk5

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 02:34 pm
@dalehileman,
appreciate your input I already take both but it aint enough for my own well being and my sanity
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 02:42 pm
@Kleinmk5,
Are you in the US? There are pro bono lawyers here, but other posters here would know more about that than I do.
Kleinmk5

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 02:47 pm
@ossobucotemp,
That's a Good idea Thank you and Yes I'm in the states, I actually have a Couple Degrees in law I'm just not in the Bar I've tried to find someone who would deal with this and a few other matters before on a Pro-Bono basis in Massachusetts noone would even consider. Seems its very difficult these days to find someone who does Pro-Bono.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:20 pm
@Kleinmk5,
It's hard to believe you can't find a support system for your needs.
Our younger son was bipolar, and he took opioids that killed him. He had so much potential; graduated cum laude. Please seek help.
Also, have you applied for social security disability?
Try your community hospital to seek help.
Kleinmk5

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry to hear about your son I've been having friends die left and right for the past few years when My friends and family started dying from opiates I left the area where I had been using and stopped it all one of the best decisions I have made. I've been on Social Security for years and like I said in the other post I want to work and just can't find anyone who would even consider.

ehh a Community Hospital won't do nothing but only illegally psychiatrically imprison me with no due process or rights. tried that a few times a few yrs ago and that is what happened. I live in a Big city and it took them 3 months to put me with a counselor and the counselor wasn't really that educated on dealing with Patients other than asking the same questions and then making it look like I was "a Problem" when I called out the Bullshit. The problem in the field of psychology is People who seek help are looked down upon and have their rights violated all the time I've seen it over and over again for the past 20 years life is a struggle in many ways for every single human being.
0 Replies

Reggiemaha1
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:07 am
Take a walk outside for an hour and enjoy nature
0 Replies