Painted Cowboy Painted Fishhook

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:13 am
Would love to get the answer to this one have been working on it for days and nothing even close.Willing to trade for the answer to another one of the questions.Just need a solid hint so i can do the research.Give me this one and i will give you one you don't have. :wink:

If you're looking down at a painted cowboy and a painted fishhook, straighten up and send us a photo of the gal you might see.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,036 • Replies: 9
No top replies

linda harbar

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:25 am
painted cowboy
it is a picture by j adams named why it got away
0 Replies

aam62297

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:38 am
where is the cowboy?
I am looking for this too....but cant find a cowboy in the painting you reference. I think a painitng is on the right track, but can not find a cowbow by j adams
0 Replies

linda harbar

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:09 am
painted cowboy
try http://www.logcabinarts.com/989.jtm
0 Replies

linda harbar

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:13 am
painted cowboy
sorry should be htm
0 Replies

aam62297

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:21 am
was at this site several time...i see no cowboy in that pic??? it is just a fisherman. Boy am i feeling dumb!!!!
0 Replies

linda harbar

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
painted cowboy
When a cowboy fishes he does not wear his hat and guns
0 Replies

aam62297

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:36 am
but this man is not from the old days, his car is in the back ground. Is he still concidered a cowboy???

see url http://www.logcabinarts.com/1096.htm of the same picture the descrription states

J. Adams

Framed size is 10 x 12. Printed signature and title. Great old calendar print in perfect condition. Great color. Fisherman's sweetheart, dog and car are in the background. Floating on a very light mauve background and in a very nice old great carved wood frame.
0 Replies

Clip

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:59 pm
This is a poker reference. In poker parlance, A Cowboy is a King and a Fishook is a Jack. Paint refers to a face card. In order to "straighten out" a King and a Jack, you would need a Queen.
0 Replies

scorpionredblood

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:21 pm
Amazing
I had almost given up with that question.Thanks so much it makes perfect sense now.I owe you an answer if you need one.Just let me know.Fair is fair and i can stop wearing my eyeballs out looking.I am so not a poker player as you can tell. Just post a question and i will give you what i got for an answer.....Thanks again.
0 Replies