Outside pets inside tonight? Brrrrr.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 12:57 pm
i'll try to get you the direct link to wmhenry's interaction.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 12:59 pm
direct link to wmhenry's interaction
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 01:00 pm
Very kind and much appreciated, ehBeth.
Going now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 01:00 pm
and back to work i go
cya all later
be well and keep your puppies cozy
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 01:06 pm
williamhenry--

Your story brought tears to my eyes. You were so good to him, and wasn't he wonderful!

I hope your guilt has reduced significantly about your absences. He was probably Lord of the Manor and doing his job (sleeping), while you were doing yours. You were a blessing to him.

What a wonderful testament.

Every doggie should have a daddy like you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 08:17 pm
Lash Goth - i'm glad that link worked for you. i worried lightly about it this afternoon. WmHenry is indeed a great doggie-daddy, and somewhere his new pupster is waiting to be rescued by him.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 08:34 pm
A coworker recently had to have his pit-bull mix put down because of an attack on his brother's face (while 'playing').

After a period of mourning, this coworker came to me and asked (while at work) if we could go on the internet and look for adoptable animals. We didn't find anything, but I promised that I would do a more intense search at home that night.

I came across a locally run service that keeps unwanted animals until they die a natural death. Printed everything out and presented it to my coworker the next day.....

It's been three weeks, and I finally met 'Dolly' today. A three year old Pointer, who was horribly abused in her former home. She's still a bit shy meeting new humans, but she is one of the happiest dogs I've ever met in my life.....My coworker (and friend) is madly in love with her, and I am now Auntie Rae Rae.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 08:44 pm
Jill scratched on my bedroom door precisely every eight seconds last night, without ceasing. Ranger left in my kitchen floor two towering pyramids the likes of which I've never seen in a cow pasture. I had teased and humiliated Jack for farting, but all the while it was the pungent aroma of the pyramids.

Jack was very slow on forgiveness.

Hubby became so furious he put Jill out. 5 minutes later he let her back in. She started scratching...

Mayhem, coldness, steaming Eau de poo and sleep deprivation.

And, they're in again.

Rae--Fairy Dogmother. You is good.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 08:56 pm
Eau de Poo.....roflmao......oh my.....that is just way too funny, Lash!!!!!

When my friend told me that he had his eye on 'Dolly', I asked if I could be an Aunt.....when we met today, shy as she was, I got a little doggy kiss.....of course, when no one was looking. That's okay ~ I promised her I wouldn't tell.

Fairy Dogmother.....I like it!
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 09:03 pm
Are your outside doggies
Definitely, my garage kitties are inside tonight. We rescued them, Josiebean and Pippin, thought we'd keep them outside. Buuuut, you know how that is. They think they're house cats now anyway.

At present they're in the guest room sleeping on the bed. Soon, both will join us in our king size bed along with Bandit the rat terrier who sleeps under the covers with us. The cats sleep down at the feet on top the comforter. We've had them 2 years but they still have to check out the outdoors before they'll go outside, check out the inside before coming in. Neither do they want us to be picking them up with hugs, etc., please. But we can walk up to them reeeal slowly and stroke their backs. Honest to God, I never.....

Here in Texas it's getting down in the 20s the past two nights. Funny, last week it felt like summer. But, that's why I left Michigan.

Brought the horse in the barn, too.

Thanks for this thread. Anybody know of any funny ones? It's nice to laugh now and then, too. Tex-Star
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 09:10 pm
I'm jealous, Tex-Star.

'MY' supposed cat, Paddy, will be sleeping with Mom tonight. As usual. I think it's time I adopted another unwanted kitty.....
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 09:13 pm
Lash, that was really funny about the pyramids. Gosh, and what a stink, huh? Dog or cat poop. Cats are so clean, they go in the litter box even though at times there's simply no more space!

Tex-Star
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 10:25 pm
All pets are inside every night here one under the covers at my feet, Bean the dog, Carlotta at my side. They keep me warm and safe.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 10:34 pm
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...... Laughing
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 10:54 pm
You know, we are a bunch of animal lovin' people.

I keep hearing rescue stories. It is heartening.

I think I've arrived at one more good thing about cats (in self-imposed Cat Sensitivity Training), if poo, it be little. Shocked

Enjoyed Tex Star, always Rae, Joanne and all.

More stories!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 11:16 pm
Oh jeez.....rescue stories.....

A year or so before my son was born, I worked in a pet store that happened to front a very busy road in Cocoa Beach ~ the 520 causeway.

Anyway.....accidents were (and still are) common occurences at the intersection where the pet store was.....and my friend Diane and I were on duty the day a baby pelican got mixed up between asphalt and vehicles.

We rescued him. A shoe-box became his home. Diane and I took shifts (12 hours each) for feeding. We kept it up for one month and eventually turned him over to animal control for our county.

He was released, at maturity, into our local area. Far as I know, he's been tagged, too, for tracking.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 11:20 pm
ehBeth and Lash<

Thank you for the confidence you have placed in me to again become a doggie-daddy.

I have to look for a small dog. My house is small and my yard is, too. Thus, a large dog would be too confined. I chose the toy poodle because they don't usually weigh more than eight pounds or so. Therefore, I have to wait for the right people to have the right puppy at the right price.

I'm not rushing the process, though. Bringing a puppy into the house has to be the right mix. I'll intuitively know when the right one comes along.
That's the way it was with dear Fella; we knew instantly that we were a "match."

Thanks again . . . and please keep your pets warm, watered, fed and loved!
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 11:29 pm
williamhenry--

So nice to hear you feel ready for fate to introduce to you a new little one.

rae--

Good story. Never been close to a pelican. That must have been interesting. Those big beaks sort of give me the hibbies.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 12:03 am
Little beaks when they're little ones, LG.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 12:09 am
AH!
Which leads me to say...I"ve never seen a little pelican...

You know how people say they've never seen a baby pigeon?

Are they common and it's just me, or are they rarely seen?
0 Replies