Have u ever went to EGYPT ???

Prophet Lover

Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:22 pm
Margo
I'm egyptian

Could u tell mE where u was in Cairo

& did all the men like these who u told about ??
0 Replies

margo

Tue 21 Feb, 2006 07:51 pm
Prophet Lover
Thanks for your enquiry.

I stayed in the centre of Cairo (Nile Hilton - if I recall correctly), and experienced the extremely unpleasant behaviour everywhere I walked around.

The hotel became the only place I felt safe.

Never again!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:05 pm
I bean Cairo 8 or 11 times. Cairo is city of largeness with hot. I like Wolf Hole Arizona better by much.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:26 pm
Egypt was the first country I visited outside of North America, and I absolutely loved it. I did the hippie tourist thing... cheap and light; backback and all.

I had friends of friends in Cairo that showed us around. People were very friendly... some people did try to take advantage of us as foreigner, and other people were truly very generous...

I was actually unimpressed with the pyramids... seeing as they were so hyped up and look much larger in books than they do in real life.

We got lost in Luxor and ended up visiting what I think is a secondary temple complex (that isn't very known by tourists). Because it was completely unknown to me and I went without expectations, it turned out to be the most spectacular site I visited.

We took a buses to the Sinai, stayed at Sharm Al Sheik and took a boat across to Jordan. This was some 15 years ago (I am feeling old now) and I am not sure if this type of trip is possible now.

But I wouldn't have missed it for the world and remain quite fond of Egypt.
0 Replies

Prophet Lover

Fri 24 Feb, 2006 02:25 am
margo wrote:
Prophet Lover
Thanks for your enquiry.

I stayed in the centre of Cairo (Nile Hilton - if I recall correctly), and experienced the extremely unpleasant behaviour everywhere I walked around.

Never again!

Did u the only woman who felt that ?
0 Replies

margo

Fri 24 Feb, 2006 10:37 pm
Prophet Lover wrote:
margo wrote:
Prophet Lover
Thanks for your enquiry.

Never again!

Did u the only woman who felt that ?

Certainly not!

It's just that I was greatly distressed by the experience, absolutely digusted by what it indicated of the attitude of Egyptian men, and I am quite outspoken about it - and I have a forum in which to do so!

I'm a very experienced traveller - so I tell it as it is/was!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 24 Feb, 2006 10:45 pm
Fascinating place. The museums and antiquities are unforgettable. Egyptians are cordial, a bit more ornate in their manners than Americans, and overall very likeable people. Summers are very hot and dusty in Cairo. Alexandria has a decidedly different atmosphers , a coastal Mediterranean city with a more complex mix of cultures.
0 Replies

eoe

Sat 25 Feb, 2006 12:03 am
Someday visiting Egypt and laying my eyes on a pyramid is my dream.
0 Replies

Greeting Card Mom

Tue 7 Mar, 2006 03:58 pm
Egypt
I just returned from two weeks in Egypt on Sunday and had a wonderful time. Saw all the typical tourist stuff and loved it all. The Egyptian people were all very cordial and I had a wonderful time. I was with a small (12 people) tour, but my husband and I went off by ourselves many times and never felt hassled.
0 Replies

eoe

Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:33 pm
Good to hear. Thanks.
0 Replies

egyptian girl

Mon 3 Jul, 2006 04:10 pm
I f you want to visit aplace where you will find history &civilization move parallel to technology on the banks of the river Nile ,and watch the Pyramids and Sphinx stand to make you feel that the past hugs the present .u must visit Egypt. in Egypt you will find the sun,musems piled with great Pharaonic works,kind hearted & helpful people & above all you will find ME Laughing
0 Replies

Ellinas

Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:51 am
egyptian girl wrote:
I f you want to visit aplace where you will find history &civilization move parallel to technology on the banks of the river Nile ,and watch the Pyramids and Sphinx stand to make you feel that the past hugs the present .u must visit Egypt. in Egypt you will find the sun,musems piled with great Pharaonic works,kind hearted & helpful people & above all you will find ME Laughing

Wow, will you give me your adress? Very Happy
0 Replies

vera979

Thu 30 Aug, 2007 05:56 am
I have been to Egypt as a turist. Ask if you have any specific questions.
for now here are some of the pictures
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11846439@N08/
0 Replies

laylawalidah

Thu 7 Aug, 2014 11:18 pm
Egypt is the place which is full of historical places like pyramids, Giza, mummies and many more things. I love Egypt’s beauty culture and most important thing that historical places. Egypt is my one of the famous place in all tourist destinations. I went there in last summer with my family to spend our vacation. It is really a very good and memorable experience.
0 Replies

Sheppie

Tue 19 Aug, 2014 03:10 am
@Nadi,
I have never been to Egypt because my travel interests are in a little different place. But many of my friends have been there and I also know it's become a very popular spot for vacation. They say Egypt is a beautiful country and so much more different than anything we're used to. They have different architecture, different mentality, different food. You may learn a lot. They were though disappointed with pyramids but I think it's an individual case Smile It's definitely worth seeing and taking a lot of pictures. Here are also some links which can help you learn more before you go there Smile

http://facts.randomhistory.com/interesting-facts-about-egypt.html
http://www.scienceclarified.com/A-Al/Africa.html
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/countries/egypt-facts/
0 Replies

Gaspard

Tue 23 May, 2023 03:02 am
I have visited Egypt once or twice annually for 50 years and have seen just about everything about Egypt.
I can recommend anyone to visit Egypt if you are interested in ancient civilizations.
izzythepush

Tue 23 May, 2023 03:44 am
@Gaspard,
Don't be surprised if the thread you started gets pulled for spam.
0 Replies