Won't brine under full pressure.

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 09:42 pm
I have a Pegasus water softener that won't draw the brine up while under full pressure. I just discovered this after cleaning and checking everything I could think of and it still wouldn't suck up the brine. I was ready to give up when I decided to turn the shutoff valve halfway off. Once I did this while it was on the brine up cycle I saw the water level start to lower. I have done this a few times and it works to draw up the brine. If I don't do this then the tank fills with water and won't suck it up. I have a newer 30/50 pressure switch on the pump so I don't think it's over pressurized. Any ideas on what the problem is?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,612 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Shane5418

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 01:15 pm
@Shane5418,
I was messing with it again today and it's still doing the same thing. I noticed when it is supposed to be on the brine intake that there is a bunch of water coming out the waste line. When I turn the shutoff valve almost all the way off I can hear gurgling at the valve and it sounds like air is trapped in there. Once it does that I can open the shutoff all the way open again and it starts to suck up the brine. The waste output also slows to about half of what it was prior to messing with the shutoff.
0 Replies