What kind of fitting do I use to connect to my Rainsoft EC4?

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 07:36 pm
I have a brand new EC4 head unit that has a yoke on the bypass valve with 1 3/8" straight thread for input and output lines. I cannot find a fitting for it to connect to my 3/4" PEK piping. Can someone help me? I went to a plumbing house and they gave me some kind of brass fitting with an O-ring but it was not right. They told me good luck.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,568 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 05:48 pm
I fixed the problem. Bought a PEK adapter that went from 1"NPT to a 3/4" barb in solid brass. Worked great. Be sure to use pipe dope. Even if you use Teflon tape it will leak! No matter how tight you make it, the joint will leak unless you use some pipe joint compound. The stuff I bought was from Lowes and it cost $7.99. Worked great. Be sure to tighten the assembly in a vice and not on the head unit. That much force could compromise the valve body.
0 Replies
Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 08:42 am
Hi, I have the same unit and need to change some of the programmed settings but can't figure out how to do so on the control panel. Do you have the installation/programming manual for this?
0 Replies

Related Topics

Nitrite in softwater - Question by GTR
Rain soft Q2 no water in brine tank - Question by frbird400
Very, Very Strange Water Softner issue - Question by iamarinog
Rainsoft 2000 brass valve rebuild - Question by Mdhwoods
Hard water after new resin - Question by tristanlee85
reseting - Question by Thomas63
  1. Forums
  2. » What kind of fitting do I use to connect to my Rainsoft EC4?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/22/2024 at 01:52:45