Atheism losses credibility by squashing freedom of speech.

Expert2

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 05:52 am
Article in Salon: If one side can say anything and its not challenged, then of course dissent becomes heresy in the minds of many. While vast ignorance is a valid reason to be an economic libertarian, not knowing things is not a good reason to be an atheist.

Dubbed one of the “Four Horsemen” of “new atheism,” along with philosopher Daniel Dennett, evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins, and the late Christopher Hitchens, Harris’ atheist fame is both wholly undeserved and utterly embarrassing.

The thing about the so-called “rationalist” movement in America is that disbelief in gods seems to be the only qualification to join the club.

Conclusion: "A collection of 'stupid' is not a wise choice." Expert2
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,717 • Replies: 5

rosborne979

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:17 am
@Expert2,
Atheists routinely score better on religious tests than even the believers of those religions.
nacredambition

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 08:53 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Atheism losses credibility by squashing freedom of speech.

If only atheism could quash.

Quote:
Atheists routinely score better on religious tests than even the believers

Finally, something to believe in.

I've searched everywhere for believers making fun of what atheists think and this is as close as I've come.

0 Replies

Jay2know

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 01:40 pm
Expert2 if you made a profile and state your religion you will have a valid claim. https://www.justice.gov/usao/priority-areas/civil-rights/hate-crimes
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 12:47 pm
@Expert2,
I have noticed on several Q& A forums a hatred for the political concept of Freedom of Conscience. In fact when you quote the FOunding Fathers they are enraged. To me it just shows utter lack of belief in rationality.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 01:22 pm
Some so-called "Christians" also ban free speech.
I joined a "Christian" discussion forum a few weeks ago and walked out in disgust after they closed down two of my threads and deleted one of my posts!
0 Replies