are Quakers "criminal extremists"?

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 11:09 am
Rocky Moutain News 1/23/03
"The American Civil Liberties Union released a document Wednesday that indicates Denver police expected help from the Air Force in identifying protesters at Peterson Air Force Base in 1999. The Denver police intelligience reports concerns a peaceful demonstration of the American Friends Service Committee outside Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs. The report said "there were no arrests or incidents" at the protest but states that Colorado Springs police and Air Force Office of Special Investigations "monitored the group and will supply intelligence information soon." Denver Police Department characterized the peaceful protesters as "criminal extremists".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,162 • Replies: 19
No top replies

BillW

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 11:12 am
Them radical left is at again, quick - get the shotgun and jump in the pickup! We got action tonight boys, pop me another one.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 11:34 am
Damn Quakers, doin' all that... quakin'.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 11:43 am
This is fairly extreme in itself.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 11:56 am
well, i tells you what, i ain't getting on no aeroplanes with no Quakers carrying AK-47's
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:10 pm
On my worry list, that's a bit below the 2012 bamboo harvest in China
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:11 pm
um, well yeah
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:24 pm
What can I say as a member of the American Society of Friends (Quakers) and the American Firends Service Committee (AFSC) I simply never thought of myself as a criminal extremist but that is just me I cannot speak for all Quakers.

http://www.afsc.org/

In 1947, the American Friends Service Committee and the British Friends Service Council received the Nobel Peace Prize, on behalf of the Religious Society of Friends, for humanitarian service, work for reconciliation, and the spirit in which these were carried out.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:26 pm
Paranoia rules.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:29 pm
Is any of this surprising? From what I've seen of the Denver Police lately it seems that anyone that responds to the "Paper or Plastic?" question with "Plastic" had a dossier at the DPD. These guys are so overboard it's pathetic.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:30 pm
JD, Idea I have always cast a sceptical eye toward you - and now I know Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:32 pm
Really edgarblythe, especially against Nobel Peace Prize winners since they are the scourge of the Military Industrial Complex because they promote world peace which I guess some folks think is criminal and anti American behavior.
0 Replies

dyslexia

JoanneDorel: you are not alone, in addition to the "friends" there are over 800 pages in the Denver Police Department spy files on the American Indian Movement. People i know are now complaining that they are not listed in said "spy files" kinda like Nixon and his "enemies list", if you aren't on the list, well hell, you just don't measure up.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Isn't that the truth quaking and shooting, hmmm, could get messy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:34 pm
If Bush is a patriot I am one of Santa's elves.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:36 pm
whats even more bizarre is that when all this info started coming out last year, the police "intelligence" officers were instructed to keep said files in their homes, not in their offices.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 12:47 pm
let liberty ring
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 01:16 pm
Joan:

As I've said before on Abuzz; with my subscriptions to "The Nation", "Mother Jones", "Utne Reader" and "Rolling Stone" and some of the mailings I recieve, I sometimes wonder if my postman has had me placed on a "watch list"Sad

And that this may be having a deletrious effect on my job hunt!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 02:23 pm
"it was the red, white and blue making war on the poor
blind mother justice on a pile of manure,
i was gagged in the courtroom feeling kinda exempt
when the judge said that silence was a sign of contempt
he took out his gavel, banged me hard on the head,
gave me 20 years and prison and a whole lot of bread"
House UnAmerican Activites Blues-Richard Farina
0 Replies

BillW