Atheism has finally found its spiritual leader

TADPAUL

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 06:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
creating many gods is absurd. what would be the difference of a god to another god? god attributed by perfections, there's no need to have another gods. there is only one god, the absolute.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 06:14 pm
@TADPAUL,
Here, get a gander at this list of gods.
http://www.godchecker.com
and here: http://www.godchecker.com/top-gods/index.php?popular-gods
TADPAUL

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 06:24 pm
@farmerman,
Yes. The most dangerous side of this nihilism, however, is that in the end it becomes happy and satisfied with itself. Once we used to feel horror and terror at the fact that religion, morality and philosophy don’t really have any meaning, but now we’re quite happy to live in a world without meaning.
0 Replies

TADPAUL

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 06:28 pm
@fresco,
philosophers regard Nietzsche as a an atheist. He never abandoned the concept of god. Rather, he wants us to reconstitute the values we have. Asserting us to be dominant. To be God of our own selves.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 06:40 pm
@TADPAUL,
Quote:
To be God of our own selves.

That's buddhism.
TADPAUL

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 06:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Try to review the works of Nietzsche and reflect upon it.
TADPAUL

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 06:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
that's why. it is incomprehensible to believe in many gods. it will just create confusion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 07:52 pm
@TADPAUL,
I don't have to "reflect" on any recommendation from you.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:08 am
I am not just an atheist I am a convinced atheist. When I came to understand quantum mechanics and Heisenberg's Indeterminacy Principle, I became convinced. I am also convinced that anyone who believes in an all-knowing all-seeing all-powerful deity who directs and micro-manages your daily life and everything in the universe is simply delusional. I don't mean that in an unkind way, I mean to merely state what I see as a fact based on lack of proof of a deity, and brain chemistry.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:16 am
@giujohn,
amen
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 01:06 pm
@TADPAUL,
TADPAUL wrote:

that's why. it is incomprehensible to believe in many gods. it will just create confusion.

The monotheistic gods are confused enough.
0 Replies

TADPAUL

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:10 pm
@giujohn,
The most dangerous side of this nihilism, however, is that in the end it becomes happy and satisfied with itself. Once we used to feel horror and terror at the fact that religion, morality and philosophy don’t really have any meaning, but now we’re quite happy to live in a world without meaning.
giujohn

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:32 pm
@TADPAUL,
I don't have such a pessimistic outlook. I believe that part of the brain chemistry I spoke of, with the evolution of homo sapien sapien, formulates a basic altruism in all. While it is true, as we go through life, that altruism becomes compromised at times as we stray from it, doesn't take away the fact that it is basic in all of us... And therefore there is reason to Hope.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 07:13 pm
@TADPAUL,
I don't know about you, but my life as been full of meanings. I still have family and friends that I care for. As an atheist, my religion is world travel. I've been to 200 countries, and 90 unique ones. All five continents; flew over to Mt Everest, and dipped my feet in the Dead Sea. Loved my visit to Israel; Haifa, Tel Aviv, Bethlehem and Jerusalem. Even visited the site where Jesus was born even though I'm not religious.
As I've mentioned many times on a2k, my travels have allowed me to meet and make friends with people in many countries. I've also met people who have traveled to Northern California where we met in San Francisco. A fortunate bloke to be sure.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 09:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You do get around CI. I'm hoping for a tour of the Andromeda system.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 09:44 pm
@TADPAUL,
Really? You expect one god to be responsible for sunrises, storms, fertility, crop failure and all that? I have to say you have pretty high expectations.
Charlie4U

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 03:43 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Yes, Crazily Accurate!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:04 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Really? You expect one god to be responsible for sunrises, storms, fertility, crop failure and all that? I have to say you have pretty high expectations.

You forgot all those sporting events where God picks winners and don't forget all those entertainment award ceremonies where God sheds his grace on certain artists.
roger

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 01:16 am
@glitterbag,
Yeah but don't forget all those times "God moves in mysterious ways". Can't both sides win.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:52 pm
God probably uses the same techniques as in modern GPUs - parallel processing. Maybe he just assigns an angle or two to each matter that needs attention and tell them to handle routine affairs and call him if anything requiring his attention comes up.

In that case he might be bored rather than overburdened.
0 Replies