Atheism has finally found its spiritual leader

TADPAUL

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 06:40 pm
@fresco,
the argument of the existence of God is not futile. according to Kantian philosophy of religion, an absolute being must and should exist. this absolute being will be the dependent principle of morality. eradicating the concept of God, morality goes along with.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 07:31 pm
@TADPAUL,
On which planet do you reside?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2016 07:34 pm
@TADPAUL,
I have a philosophy of religion: man has created many gods.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 12:15 am
@TADPAUL,
TADPAUL wrote:

the argument of the existence of God is not futile. according to Kantian philosophy of religion, an absolute being must and should exist. this absolute being will be the dependent principle of morality. eradicating the concept of God, morality goes along with.

Talk about leaps of logic.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 12:42 am
@TADPAUL,
Alas, Kantian absolutes suffered a fatal attack by Nietzsche, and other Continental philosophers. That together with Godel's Incompleteness theorem and the 'illogicality' of quantum physics (without which you wouldn't be sitting at a 'computer') should underscore the weakness of theistic arguments based on traditional logic. And whereas it is true that intellectual believers have abandoned the logic of 'first cause' and gone for 'origin of morality' to anchor their beliefs, it is also the case that 'morality' can be accounted for by evolutionary theory.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 09:26 am
@fresco,
Quote:
the 'illogicality' of quantum physics (without which you wouldn't be sitting at a 'computer')

Oh don't be silly. The art of computer chip design is to eliminate every trace of 'illogicality' and unpredictability. The fact that quantum physics is involved is completely irrelevant.

An understanding of quantum physics certainly speeded up semiconductor development but even if we were totally unaware of it, the transistor and the computer would still have been developed, as with most things, by stumbling around in the lab.
farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 11:10 am
@Leadfoot,
again, purposeful "obtusity".
We know that the transistor and binary code werent knowingly developed to make Erwin happy with his equation, but after Bells Theorem, we suddenly realize that DUHHHH, this is a multiple state of being as predicted by Bell and in concert with Erwins mathematics. A computer IS a walkin talkin example of QM --you hadda know that unless you were in laptop case design.

QUBITS is gonna b ewhere its at as weve discovered deeper meanings in QM (for stuff other than complex chemical analysticl mchinery like GCMS's which rely upon themultiplicity of the state of the elements they analyze to actually be PART OF THE SOLUTION(Why dont chem students see this simple ass fact?

Now a qubit will xploit not only the duality concept but the multiplicity of states of matter and states of energy.Just like DNA can make many many states of bases simply on how many chains of GC TA (and the many many ways that it cn express e besides just those six(G with C,, T with A, and each with itself)

Silicon an Silicon dioxide have about 7 states of chemical "being" based merely on lattice and states of covalent electrons/protons in the lattice structure. We have stuff like cristoblite trydimite, quartz etc etc . Then if we dope the quartz with some multi valence state element, we hve almost n infinite batch of "QM beings" all with unique "Qubit values"

I will hqve to ait till they learn how to exploit such states of being but hving two end members + , and - was a good beginning.
farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 11:11 am
@Leadfoot,
we have a guy in town that the kids all call Dobby. He kinda looks like Harry;s buddy but he walks hunched over and scares the **** outta the townies
farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 11:15 am
@TADPAUL,
Quote:
according to Kantian philosophy of religion, an absolute being must and should exist. this absolute being will be the dependent principle of morality. eradicating the concept of God, morality goes along with.

Ive gone and written a Farmerman analyses of why unicorns do and must exist.
I understand that "morality" appears to be "hard wired" into some speicies. Do you think they also have made up a god concept to explain why they should do good?
fresco

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 12:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
The key phrase is 'sitting at a computer'. The smaller the components, the greater knowledge of qm is involved. I'm old enough to remember having to sit in a computer. Your 'stumbling on' is of course pure conjecture.
http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/112615/why-is-it-said-that-without-quantum-mechanics-we-would-not-have-modern-computers
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 01:11 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
I'm old enough to remember having to sit in a computer.
And those computers had had names ... Very Happy
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 03:48 pm
@farmerman,
And I suppose you no doubt agree with fresco's 'proof' that QM clearly shows the all theistic beliefs are invalid?

Your discourse on semiconductor physics was nice but did not address anything I said. I could go on about inter granular charisteristics of metal and it wouldn't be relevant to medieval sword makers who knew nothing about it but who dealt with them successfully by trial and error.

You must enjoy typing.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 03:53 pm
@farmerman,
I'd been using that avatar on other sites for a long time but somebody else had to tell me who it was. Just an image I snagged off the net.

Liked his back story when I heard it so kept it.
farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 03:54 pm
@Leadfoot,
. you merely poo poo'd the fact that QM IS well used in computers and other things besides chemical detection appliances.

your just too stubborn to admit he was right.

Ill leave you and he argue about angels on a pinhad. Im really not interested in something that has no value or utility to my daily life and work.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 03:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I'd been using that avatar on other sites for a long time but somebody else had to tell me who it was.
Circle of Life man. Kids keep you current and informed of dumb **** stuff .

I learnt a totally new way to give the bird, called the DUFF. It involves sliding your arms out and down with your head turned away from your enemy, and you complete what looks like a hula dance movement with both arms.
Im sure some kids site has it .
0 Replies

rubbywilliams

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2016 12:27 am
Yeah may be not religious but ideal.
0 Replies

Expert2

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 09:24 am
Theism will soon be introduced into our school systems and unlike atheism, theism will be supported by Science. It's called "Fine Tuning" and this describes intelligent design to the 120th degree. Study it before spouting off.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 10:26 am
@Expert2,
ROFLMAO
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 10:27 am
@Expert2,
ROFLMAO

BTW, how did you arrive at 120th degree? Just like your jesus? Out of thin air.
Expert2

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 10:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
Some Scientists claim to the 149th degree. Evolution is dead, it's over. "The scientific community largely rejected design in the early twentieth century after neo-Darwinism claimed to be able to explain the emergence of biological complexity through the unintelligent process of natural selection acting on random mutations. In recent decades, however, new research and discoveries in such fields as physics, cosmology, biochemistry, genetics, and paleontology have caused a growing number of scientists and science theorists to question neo-Darwinism and propose intelligent design as the best explanation for the existence of specified complexity throughout the natural world." http://www.intelligentdesign.org/faq.php
0 Replies