schools- public or private in Sydney

Makinism

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:32 am
@jackieinwatlington,
I got in to a selective school but my parents decided it would be best for me to go to a top selective school. We enquired 2 months before school started and they put me to the top of the waiting list - consisting of at least 700 people. I really dont think you can generalise.
0 Replies

ifee

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 08:40 pm
in my opinion;
Selective school testing''
Does not measure how smart you are.
It measure What you can do. S:

selective vs private
up to your child really.
if he/she is good with main subject core etc
go with selective,
private is more of a base thing
eg; at PLC there have specially art&design studio etc..
(:
0 Replies

vishru

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 01:17 pm
@vanita,
Hey Vanith,
I am shruthi,I am also looking for the same information, Did you get any information abt good schools & fee structure. I have 6 years old & we are moving there in next month .Will you please share information with me if you don't mind. thanks
0 Replies

sharad1969

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 06:06 am
hi g_ day. asian families hire coaches 24x7. 38 out of 120 students were non asian.
i am from india. not sure that makes me an asian or not. but whats wrong with coaching. you seem to rely on the notion of talent. if you care to read( litreture,psychology) a bit you will find that success in life is a result of hard work, focus and persistence. if you can get help you take it. if you want to play tennis the you look for a good coach. you are not going to wake up one day and play like fedrer. you need to do anything well in life you have to work hard for it and you take all the help you can get. i would be interested in hearing your arguments against coaching although i seriously doubt that you have any. you sound like a racist with to much money and very little brains. i would recommend that you not only send your children for coaching but work at educating yourself as well. i will be very happy to hear what you have to say.
indian aussie
0 Replies

MCCWATSON

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 02:51 am
@shahlakareen,
Hi Shahlakareen,

My Son is 9 and is struggling with dyslexia in mainstream school in London where we live now. We are moving to Sydney this year and I wonder if you have found out the answer - do you know the best schools to support children with dyslexia?
0 Replies

MCCWATSON

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 02:54 am
@shahlakareen,
we are also moving to Sydney with my son who is 9. He has dyslexia and I would be interested to find out if there is a school to support him?
0 Replies

nedbalinka

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 05:34 am
@g day,
Hello, I am moving to sydney in 2-3 months, am pregnant and my first baby is 4 years old now. here in spain he has been attendign a public school since he wa 3, and we do not have to pay anything (except some materials....). we are not spanish citizens should i say.... now, in Sydney, I have been reading many posts about education there, we would definitely want to go for public one to start with, we know we should be paying something too, but is it basically possible to put an international child into normal public school? some guy was trying to tell me that my kid will have to go to school for international children which will cost me round 6000 AUD. thank you very much for your replies!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 07:20 am
Quote:
but is it basically possible to put an international child into normal public school?

Yes. Assuming language skills are not an insurmountable problem. You do not say how old your son is however there are many many schools with a diverse cultural base.
Most small children are very quick to pick up new language skills anyway but that aspect may need some looking into.
0 Replies

Robyn123

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:33 pm
@shahlakareen,
Did you ever find a school for your daughter?
My son has dyslexia and we will be moving to Sydney soon.
Robyn
0 Replies

Robyn123

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:37 pm
@pgb266,
Hi did you ever find a school for your son? We have a son who is thirteen with dyslexia and will be moving to Sydney
0 Replies