Was I Drugged?

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 02:23 pm
Last weekend I went out and celebrated my 21st. Now I've been drunk before, really drunk, and on several occasions I've blacked out. But this was different. I only remembered up to a certain point and what happened after I blacked out sounds like nothing I've ever done under the influence of alcohol before in my life. Usually no matter how drunk I am I know how to say no, I have control over my actions, I can remember a good majority of the night, and all I do is just get super bubbly and cutesy. That night after I blacked out, I made out provocatively with this guy I knew and apparently I kept dissapearing at the club. When my friends were finally able to find me I would just be standing in a corner somewhere doing nothing. Back at my friend's apartment I kept disappearing again, which they found me sitting in a closet where I was spacing out, I was told I peed in said closet, and the same guy from the club that I had kisses, I had sex with 3 times. I woke up ridiculously sore from head to toe, absolutely no recollection from the night before, bruises covering my body, and my head was really fuzzy; every time I sat up I got lightheaded. The guy and I slept together once more in the morning which I do remember but still wasn't all there. I never threw up, I wasn't nauseous, and it honestly wasn't the worst hangover I've had. There's this guy that I'm on and off with who I love dearly and I most definitely did not want to sleep with anyone the night of my party. I think I was drugged, but I know that it wasn't the guy I ended up sleeping with. I feel like a really horrible person for what happened. I can't really say I was raped but was I taken advantage of? Am I a horrible person because I did that? Again I've never acted like that ever in my life no matter how drunk I've been. I guess I'm looking for insight because I don't know how to label what happened.

PUNKEY

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 02:37 pm
Sounds like you were slipped a mickey.

Can you think of a time when someone took your drink, handed you a drink, touched your drink or bought you a drink?

I'm having this discussion with my granddaughter this weekend, as she leaves leaves for university in Sept.
Stardust95

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 02:49 pm
@PUNKEY,
The last thing I remember was this guy buying me a shot and then I ordered a shot and maybe a drink but I was at the bar with him when he did. I was already drunk at that point so maybe I didn't see it happen? I just feel really weird and uncomfortable about everything that transpired afterwards.
jespah

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 02:53 pm
@Stardust95,
Sounds bad.

I would also just in general caution you against drinking so much you black out. Even without drugs being added, that is high risk behavior.
Linkat

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 02:57 pm
@Stardust95,
Is it too late for you to go to the doctor's and see if you can get a blood or urine test? I am not sure how long that stuff stays in your system. It does sound suspect to me. Do you think you could call your doctor?

Odd I was thinking the same thing to have this conversation with my teen. She is very risk adverse and does not want anything to do with alcohol or drugs, but even so anyone could slip something in a drink.
Stardust95

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 02:59 pm
@jespah,
I agree with you on that, the reason why I think it was something else is because I've drank more than that and blacked out before and nothing like that happened. It was so out of character, even for being under the influence. I definitely am going to be more careful with my intake from now on.
0 Replies

Stardust95

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:02 pm
@Linkat,
It's been over a week now, I think it is too late. But I'll be calling my doctor about other tests. This past week was so fuzzy for me and the whole time I was trying to piece together what happened. My head was still out of sorts the next day so I hadn't even considered the option that I was drugged until later on.
Linkat

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:05 pm
@Stardust95,
gosh - I am sorry this happened to you. Good that you see a doctor- I would think they could guide you best.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:47 pm
Quote:
I can't really say I was raped but was I taken advantage of? Am I a horrible person because I did that?

If someone took advantage of your drugged state to have sex with you when you were in no state to give proper consent, that is rape in many jurisdictions. You should consider getting checked for STDs. You are not a horrible person, just unlucky. Is there anyone you can talk to about this? You may benefit from counselling.

Stardust95

Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:51 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Well the guy I had sex with wasn't the guy who drugged me, I'm certain of that. And he was drunk himself so I'm not angry with him for any of it. I just feel so bad about sleeping with someone when I never wanted to do that in the first place because I love someone else. I've been talking to my friends about all of this and I set up an appointment with my counselor for this week, I'm curious to see what she has to say on all of it. And I'm definitely going to get tested that for sure
0 Replies