Bush or Kerry and Iran

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:31 am
If Bush wins, will America attack Iran, or allow the Israelis a preventative strike against Iranian nuclear facilities? And if Kerry wins, will he do the same?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 663 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:41 am
I rather doubt it, and therefore voted no. I think that Kerry cannot do so and maintain his political base; i think that the Shrub is overextended as it is. The most plausible scenario you present is an Israeli airstrike, such as was carried out agains Iraq in 1978. Bush behaves as though the entire Israeli-Palestinian issue ceased to exist upon his election, so i could see him going along with that--but i think that one is too hard to call.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:45 am
well, Kerry can reduce the troops, but that would not significantly change the situation in Iraq.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 10:54 am
I'm interested in your views on America/Iran thok, not Iraq (we done that)
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:46 am
Well, sorry I see mainly Iraq in the Politcians forum. ;-)

As Sentana said, the most plausible scenario is an Israeli airstrike. The Offical had one said, that they want to destroy the nuclear power stations in Iran.

Rather there are not significantly changes.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:52 am
Would Israel launch an attack against the wishes of the US President?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:03 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Would Israel launch an attack against the wishes of the US President?

yes, this is also possible. Israel is according any officals a sovereign state.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 01:04 pm
Well, the US does have a lot of impact on Israeli politics it seems. And when the US president is really AGAINST a plan to attack Iran, I don't think Israel will easily ignore the US policy.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 01:30 pm
The problem as I see it is that President Kelly may well have a gut reaction against Israel attacking Iran's nuclear facilities, in which case Israel would seek to change his mind, or go ahead anyway.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 02:32 pm
to Iraael and the more possibilities :

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32369&highlight
0 Replies