Open discussion of Enlightenment (all perspectives welcome)

No-one1

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 10:18 pm
I feel as though what has always been there has awakened inside of me. This is over a course of ten years and much distribution of nonsense. My perspective has reached a level that leaves me baffled to what it is that is actually happening. Men appear as children and I get resistance at every attempt to show them their error. My focus has become a better world. Better quality of life for all living things. Personal responsibility. Accountability. On the fence of logic and a bigger Truth. Quotes I previously passed over as meaning nothing have takin what seems to be an ultimate form. Seeking peace and finding a battlefield. Words that have traveled vast distances of time to later be fully conceived. Filled with purpose but knowing of the end result of like minds. Science and religion colliding to form a universal standard. All for all.
Anybody else see infinity? I feel like I've lost ignorance but gained fear. Anybody? All opinions welcome
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,234 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 11:01 pm
@No-one1,
Religion and science will always collide. The estimated age of our earth is 7000 years old based on the bible, but science tells us it's more like 4.5 billion yo. There are many contradictions in the bible. Science continues to revise its theory based on new observations. The bible can't do that.
AugustineBrother

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 08:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
They collide for you because you understand neither. The age of the Earth is not part of any creed in Christian history, certainly not in Catholicism. You don't even know that Faith is in the Creed and not in the Bible. Do you really think that Jesus went around passing out Bibles?

As to science, it changes often and -- in modern times -- drastically. You love your Quantum Theory but you are ignorant of its burgeoning inconsistent interpretations.

Summary of common interpretations of quantum mechanics
5.1 Classification adopted by Einstein
5.2 The Copenhagen interpretation
5.3 Many worlds
5.4 Consistent histories
5.5 Ensemble interpretation, or statistical interpretation
5.6 de Broglie–Bohm theory
5.7 Relational quantum mechanics
5.8 Transactional interpretation
5.9 Stochastic mechanics
5.10 Objective collapse theories
5.11 von Neumann/Wigner interpretation: consciousness causes the collapse