BRAVO and HELP

LarryBS

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 01:10 am
First of all, BRAVO to all of you who put this site together, I'm a former longtime zz'er, and am now officially addicted to a2k, because I'm now calling it "a2k," and because I have now reached hour 6 in tonight's/this morning's session (off and on). Anyway, thanks for the great site.

I just thought I'd let you know I had a little problem in my private message mailbox. I exchanged several messages with my favorite guide and was able to save all but one to "savebox." That final one sits in my outbox and despite my attempts to save it to my savebox, it won't go. I Mark it, then hit "Save Marked," but it won't go. No big deal but a little glitch. I only have 5 messages in my Savebox, so I assume it isn't a space problem.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,927 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:44 am
LarryBS- So I am not the only one to whom it's happening. Confused I'll pass on the info.

Glad that you like the site!

Phoenix
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 09:44 am
Yes Larry, a very warm welcome from me too, and if you have the time during the first weekend of april, come and join us in Cocoa Beach! http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2794&highlight= but just if you wanna!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 09:49 am
Not sure what's going on Larry, but maybe 'outbox' is the clue. Messages in the outbox have yet to be picked up by the addressee. After it has been received, it will move to the 'sent' box, and at that time you should be able to save it. Just a guess, as I've never tried to save anything while in the outbox.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:04 am
Roger has it right.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:05 am
(btw welcome LarryBS! Love your avatar. Smile)
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 02:04 pm
All looks hunky dorry within my message box today. My outbox is now empty, and the mysterious unmovable message moved to Sentbox, where I marked it to be saved to Savebox.

Thanks for the help and the welcomes.

bigdice - I'm going to try and make it, if a possible new job doesn't interfere.

sozobe - Yes, thats the K-man, my personal hero, and I like yours - that looks like Rosie the Riveter from wwii posters - "We Can Do It!"

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/images/at0071.2s.jpg
http://www.northernsun.com/nsm/images/thumb/1084Rosie.jpg
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 07:39 pm
Well, Larry, a new job is always, IMHO, the number one priority! We'll stay tuned, ok?

Liked your other avatar too, actually!
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:08 pm
Ok - love this avatar business - I've already compiled a list of images to change to periodically. It seems that links to .gif files are okay, if they are the right size, but .jpg files don't seem to work.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 08:51 pm
Would love to see you in Florida, Larry, but bigdice is right about the new job. They are nice things to have.

Some change avatars often, others become identified with one and don't change. Like my little rat. . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 09:43 pm
Roger- Please don't ever change your rat. You know it is one of my two favorites on the site! Very Happy
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 10:50 pm
I love the little rat - but I can't resist changing mine when I find a neat new image like Groucho!

The new job is actually a prospective new job that I might get soon, so we'll see.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 04:09 am
Larry,

Please make sure to choose avatars that won't slow the page loading. Your current avatar is close to 10 times what is supposed to be the file size limit.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 04:17 am
Thanks, I'll change it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 04:32 am
If you'd like I can (when I have the time) shrink it down for you.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 03:35 pm
Thats nice of you, thanks, but I won't trouble you - I have a bunch of url's to .gifs in the wings to rotate amongst. I haven't tried using an image on my own computer as an avatar.
0 Replies