Bear gets on its bike at Berlin Zoo

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:06 am
I realize I sounded maniacal there.

In real life I am more temperate. I think zoos at the top of the line in the world are in touch on the latest to make the animals as free and comfortable as possible. They sounded pretty sharp at this zoo, re this bear.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:40 am
Disney's Animal Kingdom is pretty good. The animals get treated better there than most humans.

I still don't like the idea of capturing animals for our pleasure. I love animals and I love getting to see them but it is really fair?
What if someday, some intelligent life (more so than us...in some cases not so difficult to be... Twisted Evil ) comes and plucks some of us out of our homes, beams us to Mars, locks us up and charges $10.50 for other martians to come stare at us? That wouldn't be very nice...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:58 am
Kristie wrote:
Disney's Animal Kingdom is pretty good. The animals get treated better there than most humans.

I still don't like the idea of capturing animals for our pleasure. I love animals and I love getting to see them but it is really fair?
What if someday, some intelligent life (more so than us...in some cases not so difficult to be... Twisted Evil ) comes and plucks some of us out of our homes, beams us to Mars, locks us up and charges $10.50 for other martians to come stare at us? That wouldn't be very nice...

How do you know this hasn't already happened? Laughing
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:50 am
While watching the patrons of our fine establishment through the bars of my cage, I couldn't help but reminisce about the good old days when I ran free in my natural habitat, eating nutritionally poor food, drinking to excess, lazing about the house on fine summer days.

Perhaps I'm better off here in my enclosure. The food's good I get to pelt banana peels at the Martians when they get too close to the bars!
0 Replies