Profanity in A2K

drom et reve

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:47 am
(Nothing to do with-- that particular action--; I was just curious.)

0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 09:20 am
Grand Duke wrote:
Can anyone give me some North American versions of 'wanker' I can search for?

The more we talk about it, the higher the numbers go!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:26 am
F@ckwit.

Is this an expression used in the US or UK? You can also use 'f@ckwitted', as a past tense verb.

I recall a friend/supervisor of mine managing to use the word THREE times in a SINGLE sentence. Magnificant effort, very impressive......
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:33 pm
It's a noun in the U.S., but I've never heard it used as a verb here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:58 pm
I've been noticing lately how liberal the New Yorker magazine is re the words it lets into its text. Just this morning I was noticing quite a few f words in the long ... article by Bill Buford, "In the Kitchen". (September 6 issue, should anyone be interested - it's a very entertaining piece.. about pasta making.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:48 pm
Stillwater -- I first ran across the term "f*ckwit" in the book "Bridget Jones' Diary" which was set in England, so perhaps it is British in origin? I dearly loved that word. Fits so many characters I've known. The verb form was also used in the book...could this be where it started?

Osso...I've had my share of bad pasta-making experiences, but none of them were bad enough to inspire such profanity. I mean, it's just water and flour! I like to save such words for when they're truly warranted. <smirk>
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:52 pm
A wonderful food issue Osso. I read the pasta article and got my Ronco pasta maker out of the attic.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:54 pm
Yes, I'm saving the issue, it's fantastic.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 05:16 pm
I have a bunch of ingredients here, including some marinating steaks, and I'm just wondering what to fuc@wit.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 05:26 pm
What about in other languages?

Vorrei leccare la tua fica dolce.

I'm not sure if that is grammatically correct, but it is absolutely filthy, trust me.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
What's so dirty about:"I want to lick your sweet face?"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 05:56 pm
I think he meant lips....maybe he needs more Italian lessons. Wink
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 08:30 pm
Thanks Panzade. Good cover. Yeah, yeah, fica is the italian word for face...yeah...yeah, that's the ticket.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 09:10 pm
anytime amici
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 10:49 pm
Tarnation! This really has been worthwhile. Opps!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 04:33 am
The ol' obscenity meter has been in the red-zone lately. Wonderful effort folks!

As an aside there is a good book I read by Desmond Morris(?) on body-language, all the gestures and motions that humans use. The Anglo world is rather limited in this regard. There are AMAZINGLY filthy gestures available in other cultures, they are the sort of things that cause vendettas and the like, but it's a real eye-opener.

Personally, I like the 'barbe/beard'. It's flicking your beard or pretending to at the speaker. The meaning is that you are either like growing a beard listening to them or that you are too old/senior to put up with their inanities.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:02 am
Good one! Remember that gesture in Italy. How bout the one-fist-in-the-crook-of-the-right-arm gesture?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:12 am
I use that all the time now!! I also use the 'teeth-flick/louse' thing - you sort of bite your thumbnail and then snap it a foreward motion. It is supposed to be like the sound of crushing a louse.

Great stuff!! We could all do with freeing up our movements this way......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:17 am
Would those be political, artistic, or bowel movements? I sure hope it's the latter. I could do with a good movement right now.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:54 pm
Happy to oblige.....

http://www.soton.ac.uk/~jcg395/p/cowpat.gif
Want me to Fedex it to you???
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Profanity in A2K
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 02:06:44