Cannot get to my Yahoo mailbox

seac

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 01:35 pm
This happened twice on different days the past week. I could sign into my Yahoo account, but when I clicked on my mail, it would send me back to the sign in page. I changed password, it still happened. I used Norton secured site to log in, and it still happened. Then I used Google Chrome and it finally got me into my Yahoo mailbox. Not sure what was happening. Anybody else has or had this problem? Today I can access my Yahoo mail through my regular way using Internet Explorer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,261 • Replies: 7

jespah

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 03:28 pm
@seac,
Yahoo hiccups. I have seen these on occasion. It is an issue on their end.
roger

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 03:34 pm
@seac,
Yep. They were driving me nuts one night this week. I finally found a message that they were aware of the problem and their engineers were working on it. Hours later, it was accepting the password and working as usual. It was beyond frustrating as I have several entities I only communicate with by email, and use their folders as an important part of my filing system.

Yahoo and their email have been kind of shaky for the past several months and I might have to work out a different system. I'm sure my Gmail will do the same stuff, but I've never worked through the possibilities.
seac

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 09:20 pm
@roger,
Oh, so it is a Yahoo glitch in their system. I hope it gets fixed and not happen again. Thanks guys for the response.
roger

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 10:40 pm
@seac,
Yeah, probably like you, I finally succeeded in changing my password. The new one didn't work either for a long time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 12:24 am
@jespah,
Yahoo has gone from hiccups to projectile vomiting.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 02:29 am
@roger,

... didja get any on ya?
roger

Reply Tue 29 Aug, 2017 03:07 am
@Region Philbis,
Mostly washed off. Yahoo seems to suffer more service interruptions than other sited, and even their own news feeds are often unavailable. I think they recently became part of Verizon or something, but I can't imagine why anyone would want them if the plan is to let it keep deteriorating.
0 Replies