THOUGHTS ON OUR PRESIDENT

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:08 pm
My point was that it's still valid criticism. My objection to the texts was not about the Clinton bashing (I don't care about bashing) but that it was carefully crafted propaganda that used calls for solidarity to win partisan support.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:11 pm
That's true also wh3. It is okay to diss Clinton but not to use him as a scapegoat. It has been done so much that it has become a bad thing. Both Craven and wh3 are correct in their presentations.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:32 pm
LG: Thanks for your support ... boy, am I happy I didn't post this in the political category:) Can you imagine?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:36 pm
Blacksmithn:

We're all entitled to our own opinions. Yours is, "be reasonable, see it my way" ... you were rude!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:41 pm
LG stated:

this may be the first, and likely last little step into anything remotely controversial. I assume she was terribly surprised and probably hurt by the reaction.

LG: Hardly likely, since I'm a stubborn Irish woman and enjoyed a spirited conversation but do shy away from confrontation where my opinion is sneered at by some who think their opinion is the only opinion.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:43 pm
http://www.thedubyachronicles.com/index.htm
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:43 pm
CDK: You're entitled to your opinion and I didn't think you were being rude to me, personally.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:53 pm
Chatoyant:

I appreciate your wise analogy of this thread.

It's true at times our choices in a president are not what we want or feel the country needs, however, we DO have the choice. I don't always want to vote either because I feel the choices I have are contradictory to my beliefs, but I DO vote.

Some countries actually put you to death for voicing your opinion as we do here. Only in the good ole USA do we get away with it.

I didn't accept what Bill Clinton did either and still can't believe he wasn't
impeached.

Again, he was the people's choice!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:54 pm
Roger, I agree. The content had nothing to do with it. Rude is rude!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

What do we get away with only in the US? Now I is confoozled.
0 Replies

Misti26

dlowan: Precisely my dear:)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 04:01 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
Frankly, I think it's a lot more impolite to post blatant untruths as though they were actual fact. Don't like being called a liar? Don't post lies. End of problem. The tiniest smidgeon of research on this fairytale would've revealed the truth and saved some thin skins.

Blacksmithn: Someone else's truth is the source of your distaste? How discriminate of you.

I may be a lot of things, but a liar I am not.

You should try to think twice before accusing someone of lying, it's not nice of you at all, especially when you don't KNOW me or what I stand for.

I can assure you, my moral standards are far beyond your comprehension, period.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 04:02 pm
BillW wrote:
It's kinda like Bush's reprehensible actions in the arena of civil rights and then his announcement yesterday that there is still prejudice towards civil rights and we must do something about it. He actions of making this announcement agains himself doesn't rectify his actions. He is still wrong and a bad leader!

Bill W: Please don't use this thread to continue bashing GWB. Take it to the political arena where it belongs.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 04:04 pm
So this thread is only for biased idolizing?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 04:05 pm
williamhenry3 wrote:
Misti<

Your loving post re: Dubya is one I could not have written. I highly disagree with you on this one!

Salutes do not make presidents. And please remember that Bill Clinton is now a private citizen just like you and me. He has already been judged for his actions as president, and history's judgement awaits him. He can never be president again, so let him live his life without your slander.

The world now looks to Dubya for leadership and, seemingly, finds him getting only vacant salutes from his personal military staff.

Dubya's threat of war is hanging over the heads of our citizens and is ruining our spirit and our economy. We are headed into a divisive period unseen in the nation since the days of the Vietnam War. The American people are being held hostage by a president whom they did not elect but was instead appointed by Daddy's Supreme Court.

You'll get no salutes for Dubya from me.

WH: See my response to BillW, this also belongs in the political category.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 04:06 pm
Misti,

That's a bit unfair. This whole thread is the most partisan and political thread I've read on A2K and you are saying that the dissenting views don't belong here but the thread does?
0 Replies

Setanta

If their critical posts belong in the politics category, so does your laudatory thread--sauce for the goose makes sauce for the gander.
0 Replies

BillW

If one lives in glass houses-----------------
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 04:08 pm
Misti - I have to go with craven and Setanta on this last bit - I agree with you that the way some of the comments were made left something to be desired - but you cannot post very political material and not expect it to be critiqued from a political standpoint.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 04:20 pm
Here's a human interest story for you. I remember when Bush was a canditate, in a debate. When the subject of capital punishment came up, he bragged about all the people he had killed in Texas, and the tone of his voice, and gleam in his eyes, were reminiscent of a man boasting of a romance, or sexual conquest. Before then, I had no opinion of Bush, except that he seemed to be folksy and charming in soundbites. I still do, but all the salutes and displays of respect, in the world can't erase the that image.
0 Replies