Music to the masses: BBC plans opera by stealth

Col Man

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:08 pm
respect to u fortune
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:10 pm
i knew a really straight friend once who went to opera and someone convinced him to go there(to an opera) and take an ecstacy tablet in the opera... he said he had best time of his life...
so some things are compatible with both i guess Wink
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:11 pm
its funny cos he was raving on to me about how great e's were and i was shocked cos like he was so staight he was the last person i expected to advertise drugs..
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:20 pm
Hahahah...

Psychadlic Puccini, that must be quite an experience...

I have an other business plan.... Very Happy...

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:21 pm
O, by the way: I really don't like discos. I hate crowds, and I can't dance in an informal way. Woe is me.

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
Hmm, could be quite a money spinner...
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:24 pm
There are times when I love them and times when I can't stand them, Drom.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:25 pm
I'm selling it to the BBC as we speak Rolling Eyes. They'd buy anything, as long as it had 'importance to youth' in its written synopsis. Of course, they are duped into thinking darts are important to youth, and show endless crap.

And charge one £150 for it. Thank heavens I have no TV.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:26 pm
I guess that I am no going out person, really.... I prefer wide open spaces and natural beauty, and hate to be stuck in one place for more than about fifteen minutes....

especially when it's all smoke-ridden.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:30 pm
from speaking to you drom the thought of you in a disco doesnt work for me
i imagine you to be more like that woman from wuthering heights.
or more like one of the bronte sisters anyway, just that you travel a bit further afield...i see you as a formal person with a capital f
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:32 pm
actually to tell you the truth i have been to a club disco for 2 years but in greece the island where i go has beach parties and if you go to the beach you go to the party so i cant help but be there
i was last there last year
so even i dont go clubbing that often either
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:33 pm
I would have said classical rather than formal. 'Formal' seems uptight, and Drom aint that!
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:34 pm
Last time I went to a club would've been around last summer. I just have no appetite for that sort of thing in winter.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:35 pm
ive neve been one for words Wink

hmm its always winter in england....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 07:50 am
Yeah, I'm not very formal; more classical Very Happy: but words are words. Like Catherine, the main character, or like Emily Brontë? I should hope that I'm not like her; after all, she marries, and for greed.

I guess that I am rather like the two younger Brontës, without the good ideas; particularly Emily, the mad one who liked running around on the Moors; my kind of girl indeed.

As I can never rest my mind, I like to go somewhere where the music is soft and one can talk the night away... I've never been one for dancing with strangers, especially to raucous music...

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:34 am
no i did mean more like the emily bronte type running around the moors and that Smile
but i think your ideas are good and have great potential.... it seems to be only you drom that doesnt see the amazing genius that you are Wink
i didnt mean like catherine Confused
you have to appreciate im not at all into literature Embarrassed
so i may paint the wrong picture inintentionally at times Embarrassed
i must admit too id prefer to go somewhere quiet and talk about life with someone as opposed to getting my eardrums blown out Cool
but everyone nowadays seems to want to do the latter ohh grr that a generalisation again well a lot of people seem to want it anyway Exclamation
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
Very Happy I thought so; I was just making sure, my friend. And I'm no amazing genius! What good ideas have I had?

Well, each to their own, I suppose, about blasting pubs Very Happy. If everyone wanted to go to random places, like I do, then there would be no quiet places left...

Maybe I just don't like the places because of growing up with my mother and awful stepfather in pubs...

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:43 am
You know what I think of drunkenness:

To be now a sensible man, by and by a fool, and presently a beast!

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:52 am
yeah... did i read somewhere.. oh yes.. thats was it.. you said your mum had owned a pub or something... thats how you came to know the liverpudlian waxhead and have him in your cellar

hmm well my parents used to drag me round to pubs a lot to to sit with the oldies and play dominoes i must admit when i was young and naive it was ok but once i discovered the other side of life i was off
i really think a lot of people are like you.. but i think the world is so big compared to the number of people who want this (me included) that you hardly ever bump into each other..
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 10:00 am
It is probably symptomatic of my age (28), but the first things I look for in a good pub is the ability to get a seat and hold a proper conversation.
0 Replies