New Jersey stunned by gay sex tales

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:49 pm
Laughing

England über Alles and weird Lib-Con coalitions. Thank God we don't have that. Though we do have Pizzas that hide the onions under the cheese, so that you don't find it and take a bit into a horrid old onion. Now that is indoctrination.

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:49 pm
Ah, the sun has shown it's face from behind the clouds. Things are progressing nicely.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:51 pm
We shall scrupulously avoid the eating of onions this sunny Sunday.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:51 pm
Keep posting fortune, it seems it's gonna be a hell of a sunday (just being optimistic).
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:54 pm
yeah i wont eat pizzas either not unless they are made fresh...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:03 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
He Is married with children. That was dishonourable, but it has nothing to do with the public.

The Greevey story really has nothing to do with him coming out - he's just launched a spectacle about that to distract attention from the breathtaking corruption scandals that were going on and for which McGreevey was getting hammered. And that included the story about Cipel turning out to have been appointed, without any publicity, to a $110,000-a-year homeland security job that overlapped largely with the job given soon after, with great publicity, to a high-profile bi-partisanly supported expert, even though he had no proven expertise on the matter whatsoever (McGreevey's people claimed he was a former top Shin Beth official but that turned out to be a lie), and wasnt not allowed to actually attend security meetings because he's a foreign national.

Brilliant move, really, by McGreevey: turning all that around and making it into a big thing about him boldly coming out and standing up for gays, with a focus-group-tested "I am a gay American" speech .. pshew.

One commentator though noted what the real story behind the real story should be: that New Jersey has a $110,000-a-year homeland security job, in the first place.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:03 pm
Or is that pshaw?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:05 pm
People just like sex scandals. People don't like to hear about corruption. It is so easy to play to what people want to hear.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:08 pm
I dislike Pizzas.. apart from those ones actually made Italian-style.

It's amazing to think of the level of spin everywhere, Nimh... I notice how no one ever says 'I am gay,' or 'I'm homosexual,' but they pin their nationality at the end. In a particularly eventful conversation that I was having with my friend from Corsica, after talking about the Five Word theory that I cooked up randomly, we noticed the huge difference between being 'gay' and being 'gay American.' The first is something unnatural; the second, someone like Will from Will and Grace, who could turn around his sexuality any minute... what a weird coping method.

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:27 pm
Quote:
Or is that pshaw?

that was subtle nimh Laughing
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:43 pm
I love pizzas. I was nearly driven mad with hunger by the pizza thread in General. Cavfancier's descriptions had my mouth watering.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:44 pm
Do you like any pizze in particular, Fortune? (I'm sure that Cav's trying to get as many people on A2K employing him as possible Wink)

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:50 pm
Favourite pizza.... good question. Barbeque chicken has been a lot on the menu lately (you wouldn't like that, it has onions). Um... so many choices!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 05:12 pm
BBQ chicken? We never had that where I was living... I'd just pick off the onions when no one was looking. Though I don't particularly like eating much.

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 05:24 pm
Why don't you like to eat, Drom?

I confess I love my food. I love to taste new things and savour each bite of something I enjoy.

I've heard funny things about pizza in other countries. For instance, I have heard Americans speak of a 'cheese' pizza. A pizza with nothing but cheese? Sounds vaguely revolting to me.

Then again, we Aussies have been known to put funny things on pizzas too. Like eggs.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 05:36 pm
Pizze can't be pizza pies with just cheese, can they? Perhaps they are just abbreviating 'cheese and tomato?' Just cheese would be awful.

It's as if eating is a waste of time. Also, I often get really uncomfortable, I can't explain it, but the food seems oppressive.

Do you like eggs on a pizza?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 05:47 pm
Only when they're very freshly cooked, straight out of the oven. Once they've cooled they start to lose their appeal.

I had a friend once who had a similar feeling about food, I'm not sure why it was. Personally I'm a bit of a hedonist in some respects.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 05:51 pm
And it's a damn good thing I'm tall or I'd probably get rather round!
0 Replies