Honest cabbie wins Philippine presidential citation

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 11:36 am
Thanks, Drom. I am looking at another option as well; buses. I haven't got a handle on all the details just yet but it seems I can get an unlimited season's travel pass for under $2000. That'll get me just about anywhere in Europe for, um, I'm not exactly sure how long but it's more than 12 weeks which is the next price range down.

The major drawback with this is that I'm not overly fond of long bus rides. The last long bus ride I took was a 24 hour trip to NSW, in a very comfy coach I might add. By the end of it I was sore and sleep deprived and my ankles had swollen to roughly twice their original size. I swore I'd never do that again.

The upside is that it comes with the option of exploring the Greek islands and Morocco.

Ah, well. I shall have ample time to do all my research while I build up the necessary funds.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 11:50 am
Hey, Fortune:

Which pass is this? I've heard of Eurolines (www.eurolines.com) who take one to about 40 cities as you please; for 2 months' coverage, it's either £265 or £333, depending on the season, which is rather good, but limited as to getting away from the city. Interrail goes everywhere, and-- when it comes to Morroco and the islands-- you get discounts for ferry crossings. Still, you'll decide eventually. Keep us informed Very Happy.

(Incidentally, it must be about 4 am in Melbourne, is it?)

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 12:11 pm
Yup, 'tis now 8 minutes past the hour.

The brochure I'm looking at calls itself 'Busabout'. I think I shall do some more reading in regards to my options and then go and consult a few travel agents once I have a clearer idea of what I want.
0 Replies