Elephant church

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 06:03 pm
I know this is gonna get some wisecracks, but has anyone ever heard of animals holding a church service? Have there been regular gathering at the zoos of the world where the animals worship their creator that I never heard about?

The realty is that none of the lower forms of life worship God or come together for "church". Religion is an exercise of the highest creature of God's creation, not the lower ones

So many people cast belief in God as a remnant of ancient myth and lower intelligence but nature shows just the opposite. The higher the intelligence the more elaborate their religions. The pyramid builders built their religions along with the pyramids. Man was created with a built in desire and need for God. Without that relationship man is empty.

If you totally wiped out the event of Jesus it would happen again because man was created for God and God had a plan fom the beginning to redeem him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 780 • Replies: 4
No top replies

tcis

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 06:25 pm
Could it be that man is the only animal that creates God?

Alternatively:
Are we certain that animals don't worship God in their own way?
Perhaps they see no need for coming together to worship God. Does this prove they do not believe in God?
0 Replies

VMinuteman

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:03 pm
Are we certain that animals don't worship God in their own way?
Perhaps they see no need for coming together to worship God. Does this prove they do not believe in God?

I suppose you could prove it if you wanted it to! I wonder if they have as many religions and demoninations as we do?javascript:emoticon('Razz')
javascript:emoticon('Razz')

It would seem if the animals were holding church we could figure it out. When a dog drags his butt we know its got worms, right? I think we'd see them pass the collection plate. javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:40 pm
VMinuteman wrote:
I think we'd see them pass the collection plate. javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
javascript:emoticon('Laughing')

Actually, a church with no collection plate would probably be a step in the right direction. Laughing

As far as the dog example, well, how much different is that from people walking into the aisle, falling down, and begin talking in tongues? Laughing
0 Replies

Lordregent52

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:32 pm
In a way, V, you're right. Animals don't have religion because they're not smart enough. Really, though, humans are the only animals smart enough to need religion. We're the only animals who need a moral system and an explanation of why things happen the way they do. Religion was created to fulfill this need. Many people don't have the need, and therefore have no religion - myself included.

For those who would defend their religion of choice as true and not created to fulfill a need, let me make it clear that I am not attacking religion. With no proof of any belief system, atheism included, I accept the possibilty that any of the many religions may be correct. However, since many religions are mutually exclusive, it follows logically that many, if not all, must be incorrect and therefore created by human beings.
0 Replies