Who could the probable father be?

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 11:50 am
The start of my last period was Oct 17. I am currently pregnant and am due Aug 3rd. According to my doctor, I am measuring as if the start of my last period was Oct 28.

I had protected sex with guy #1 on Oct 30.

I had unprotected sex with guy #2 prior to Oct 30 and after.

If I go by Oct 17 I would've ovulated on Oct 31. But if I go by Oct 28, I would've ovulated November 11th, which puts the due date as the doctor has said at Aug 3rd.

I am 99% sure the baby would belong to guy #2 as we did have unprotected sex more than once. But the thought still lingers.

is it safe to say that the baby is guy #2?

My doctor said today that I am measuring behind so my new due date is August 7th
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 11:52 am
@lovinglife2016,
lovinglife2016 wrote:
is it safe to say that the baby is guy #2?

no
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:29 pm
@lovinglife2016,
A paternity test will eliminate all doubt.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:01 am
@lovinglife2016,
#SPOILERALERT!

The father was/is Darth Vader.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:42 am
@lovinglife2016,
If you don't mind betting on this - it is more likely to be guy #2 as you had unprotected sex with him and it sounds like you had sex with this man more often.

Protected sex is not 100% so it could still be guy #1 but the chances are much less.

Only way to know for sure is to get a paternity test.

I am guessing that you don't want to tell guy #1 and/or don't want to tell guy #2 he is likely the father, than to just say with confidence he is the father. Unfortunately if you want to be truthful - you will need to come clean with guy #2. Let him know the situation there is a possibility he is not the father - how do you think he will take it?
lovinglife2016

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:56 am
@Linkat,
Guy #2 is actually my partner. We split up during the time guy #1 was involved. And I wanna keep it to where my boyfriend knows nothing about the other guy. Seeing that the doctor says I'm measuring as if my lmp was the 28, I'm thinking I probably ovulated late, 10 days to be exact, so I'm leaning more towards it being my boyfriends.
Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:02 am
@lovinglife2016,
I kind of guessed it was probably something like that.

It is up to you what you want to do. The right thing is to let him know - where you were split at the time - but I can understand where you are coming from.

Not sure what sort of protection you used -- I am guessing a condom - wasn't any indication of leakage/breakage?

Changes are in your favor - but still not 100 percent.
lovinglife2016

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:08 am
@Linkat,
Correct, A condom. and to my knowledge it didn't break or leak, i spoke with that guy and he says it didnt!!
0 Replies