What are the chances i'm pregnant?

Andi29

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 03:55 pm
I am really scared. Last night i had sex for the first time and he used a condom. I am on the NuvaRing also! When he was about to ejaculate he pulled out and came into the condom. Would that have gotten me pregnant? Also, today we did it again but the condom kept sliding up so he just took it off. Again, im on the nuvaring and he pulled out before he came. What are the chances i am pregnant? Please help i'm just scared. P.S. I douched after the time today. I don't know if that matters.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,341 • Replies: 12
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:07 pm
What do you understand is the function of the Nuvaring?

Be more afraid of an STD than pregnancy, if you are using contraceptive.

What are you scared of?

Andi29

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:16 pm
@PUNKEY,
It was just my first time and i guess i just didnt know how things worked. How do STDs work?
jespah

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:22 pm
@Andi29,
http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/default.htm
0 Replies

Andi29

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:51 pm
@Andi29,
Is it likely that i could've gotten pregnant?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:56 pm
When did you insert the NuvaRing and when was the first day of your last period?
Andi29

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:13 pm
@JPB,
Put it in on the 2nd and the first day of my last period was the 26th of january
JPB

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:24 pm
@Andi29,
From the NuvaRing product directions:

Quote:
Insert NuvaRing on the first day of your cycle, (i.e., the first day of menstrual bleeding). NuvaRing will work immediately, it is not necessary to use an additional contraceptive method. You may also start on Day 2 to 5 of your cycle, but in this case make sure you use an extra method of birth control (barrier method), such as male condoms or spermicide for the first seven days of NuvaRing use in the first cycle.

You inserted in on day 8 which means that you aren't being protected by it during this cycle.

Normally I'd say not to worry about it because he was using a condom and you were using another method of birth control. In this case, however, the second method of birth control turns out to be withdrawal prior to ejaculation which is a notoriously faulty method of birth control AND your sex acts were during the point in your cycle when you were most likely fertile.

Still, I think the likelihood that you're pregnant is slight to none.
JPB

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:33 pm
And, to get yourself onto a regular cycle - this is also from the NuvaRing directions:

Quote:
Remove the ring 3 weeks after insertion on the same day of the week it was inserted at about the same time of day. Hook your index finger under the forward rim or hold the rim between your index and middle finger.

Gently pull out NuvaRing. Dispose of NuvaRing in a waste receptacle out of the reach of children and pets. Do not throw it in the toilet. To continue to have pregnancy protection, you must insert a new ring 1 week after the previous one was removed, even if your period has not stopped.

This means that you'll remove the ring on 2/16 and insert another one on 2/23. You will be protected by the NuvaRing beginning on 2/23.
0 Replies

steveassteve41oo

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 05:35 pm
The chances, you mean probability? zero, zilch nothing

in my impregnating opinion
Andi29

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 06:35 pm
@JPB,
I hope there is nothing to worry about. I have been on the NuvaRing for about 6 months. I don't know if that makes a difference?
0 Replies

Andi29

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2013 06:35 pm
@steveassteve41oo,
Thank you:) that makes me feel a bit better.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 07:18 pm
@Andi29,
How is it that you have used this contraceptive and yet you seem so ignorant about how and what it does? Did you read the directions that came with it?

You have had this hormonal released pregnancy protection in your system for 6 months. If you followed directions, then you should not be afraid of becoming pregnant.

Google STD. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.

Your NovaRing will NOT protect you from aids, gonorrhea, chlamydia, vaginal infections, herpes, warts, etc.
0 Replies