Does anyone here believe the world is roughly 6000 years old?

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 03:50 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
there are some deep sea plants on the Marianas trench so that sorts it out Roberto !

Very freaking good Fil. Ask farmerman about his undersea 'black smokers' for his candidate for first life.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 04:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
I was thinking of deep undersea thermal vents and what can go on around there...yeah. I immediately knew you would like the argument. Since I love to play Devil's advocate I decided to toss up the idea up just to watch the circus get lighted up. Enjoy ! Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 10:21 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Ask farmerman about his undersea 'black smokers' for his candidate for first life.

Candidate does not mean "elected". Science has recently disclosed the Carbonyl sulfides act like assemblers and an coenzymes like RNA. Also the presence of early "cell wall" isoprenes , of the kind found in the ISUA Formation of the late HAdean (very similar to a sedimentalogical assmbly of MORBS).

Lots of data and FACT from much of the early earth's sediemtary layers that seem to point to several methods of "creation" (not just black smokers but sulphitic clay deposits, saline feldspathic clay deposits etc. )
The bouncy ball of science seems to move faster than we have time to catch up.
I mine at least 4 journals a week and Im still waay behind (And I do much work related to this **** for a living)
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 10:30 am
@farmerman,
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 10:42 am
@farmerman,
Right!, and no sun necessarily required. Chalk one up for bible story plausibility.

Which reminds me, the sun is about 1/2 way through its lifespan which puts its ignition point about the age of the earth ago. Anybody know off hand if oceans formed before that point? Haven't gotten around to researching that.
Glennn

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:01 pm
@Leadfoot,
How does this video lend plausibility to idea of plant life existing without sunlight?
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
I get a kick out of fundy thinking. It seems only able to grasp and connsider one concept at a time. The concept pf interactions and "interphiscal/chemical interactions requires some deeper thought that "Ascribing" one line out of a book of tales and myths to some seemingly unrelated factual description of interactions of several "systems"
>
While you are trying to relate a possibility that a god created life in the dark, all the evidence of cell wall iisoprenes indicate interactions of ARchean life with several existing forces (physical-water/chemical-heat and carbonyl sulfide/ light, structural ascendance in a spectral corridor).
If your "He did it in the dark" omits varying spectral energy, the we seem to continually reach departures of understandings.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:13 pm
@Leadfoot,
I can end you some titles of Hadean earth and how ages are calculated .
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:16 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
How does this video lend plausibility to idea of plant life existing without sunlight?
Ya gotta remember that Fundementalist thinking often lives from Biblical phrase- to- Biblical phrase . It does NOT have any requirements to follow some kind of rational synthesis.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:22 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I can end you some titles of Hadean earth and how ages are calculated

More than welcome to, but I hope you're not counting me among the young earth fundies.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:23 pm
@McGentrix,
Some fella (victorian) Irish, if I recollect, (unimportant) counted the geneological timeframe
of the OT and it added up to, roughly, 3750 bc (bce).
Personally I believe the universe (This one) is between 14 and 20 billion yrs old - Earth is 4.5 billion years old, and humans were, panspermically introduced about 230,000 yrs ago.
After the 12,800 yr ago 4-part comt-frag impact that melted the northern icecaps - Much is recorded - But not current public knowledge.
Gobelki tepe.
Smile
mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:26 pm
@rosborne979,
That's not a rumour - Outright misconception.
Noone EVER thought the world was flat.
A few current youtubers do though. No idea why.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:35 pm
@mark noble,
science has done a pretty good mineralogical radioisotope age dating for the plnet at time of earliest "quenching" Could it mean the planet is older than 4.55 By---yes, Is it younger" definitely Not.
Is there a possibility that life was panspermially introduced? ___yes, however, theres no a shred of scientific evidence to support it yet.
If , our various probes and rovers begin to show evidence of posible fossils, then and only then can we begin to even consider it as a disciplenary search. (Right now its science fiction).
Science isnt as free to hop all over the mat. It has many disciplines and systems to discover or set up and test.

mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:51 pm
@farmerman,
Agreed.
This is why I stated 'I believe' rather than 'I know'.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 12:58 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Gobelki (sic) tepe.
Natufian cultur is even older and It too is a terminal epipaleolithic site also showing walls> Gobekli is one of those sites that the von Denikens and the "alien armies" guys like to parade out as if its some mystery of how clever we think we are without alien intervention.
I recall whe the EGyptian construction of Pyramids were touted as an "alien" assisted public works project of the 4th dynasty. We now know that te very cores of the pyramids are an example of an archeological history of how humans learned to construct the things after many many decades of failures. Also , the very ways that stone and copper tools could be used to quarry out stone are left as temple wall cartouches that show workers grinding and pounding out slabs of sandstones, limestones , and feldspathic granites for different construction purposes. They almost left us BLUEPRINTS.

Jezuz, these Ancient Aliens shows are ENTERTAINMENT for marketing sake---Theres hardly a piece of fact therein except for some good photography. I love it whenever they announce a visit to Gobekli tepe or Puma Punku and discuss how this all hadda be aliens at work,
The stories are well recorded because of partially excavated blocks still in situ, and how these blocks were constructed from the softer ledge sandstones using tooled angular pieces of andesitic rock (which is only mildly harder) .

mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 01:05 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry mate, never watched those shows - They are total bollux to me.
But, maybe they are designed to be bollux - to bury the truth?
tepe, is dated 9,600 bc - That's 11,600 years ago. Do you dispute this?
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 01:11 pm
@mark noble,
it varies accoring to several pre- and post pottery neolithic relics excavated at levels. So theres a disputed range. But whats the issue for it being alien influenced??
If you "believe" that aliens were involved at Gobklei tepe, is there some evidentiary base upon which you hang your "beliefs"?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 01:21 pm
The Thread is burning red hot now...good good. Twisted Evil
mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 01:24 pm
@farmerman,
I have no idea what aliens have to do with tepe - I have researched K schmidts' work through the (Now ceased) german archaeo institute, and reviewed via other sources - What, the ..... have aliens got to do with it?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 01:36 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I demand to know who was the villain, the devil, the scum, who vote me down for playing devils advocate when I tipped Leadfoot into a fighting chance !
Its well know I am an atheist so what was the purpose of voting me down ? Was it frustration or bad sense of humour ?