[answered] Personal Website Policy

Tarah

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 01:38 am
I am going to attempt to build myself a website. I didn't have the faintest idea what to do, but thanks to A2K I've been directed to a couple of sites that will help.

When I eventually get it launched (I'm hoping by the end of the year) what is the policy on A2K? Am I allowed to put it in my profile? May I have it beneath my name on each post?

I looked under FAQ but couldn't find an answer. Obviously I'm happy to abide by whatever you say, but I need to know the official ruling.

Many thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,223 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:25 am
As far as I know, it is allowed in your profile, but not in your tagline, or anywhere on the forums.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:30 am
No, it is not allowed in your profile (I mean the part where you can free-form talk about yourself). It is only allowed in your favorite website, a field that is listed in your profile. This field only has room for one url. It cannot go into your signature line or the location spot. You may not post it in the forums. Thanks!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:55 am
Nice to see someone check it out before posting it.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:02 pm
I had a little look and I see where you mean, Jespah.

As I say, it's not going to happen for quite a while (if ever!) but if I do manage to build it, at least I know the rules.

Thanks guys.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:02 pm
My pleasure and I agree with roger, 'twas very nice of you to ask! :-D
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:47 pm
Well, it's been set up for me and I put it on my profile as you said but it seems to have come up under my name on each of my posts.

Have I done something wrong?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:05 pm
I don't see it in any of your posts. It's in the right section, look at your profile, it's in the favorite website field, like it's supposed to be.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 01:58 am
Thanks jespah.

I'd meant that I could see the "www" next to Profile and PM in the little boxes under each posting, but presumably that's what is meant to happen.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:10 am
? I'm trying to understand you. If you look here, at your last post: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=914964#914964 , you'll see that your website isn't listed, which is as things should be.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 03:48 am
great, if i understand this thread correctly, i can link to my own site from the "favorite site" heading on my profile page.

i just read the tos yesterday, and i didn't know this exception existed.
0 Replies