Your personal, most powerful scriptural references.

Sofia

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 03:20 pm
Group: Christians
Form: Freestyle

Have you memorized some scripture to help keep you on track? To strengthen a particular weakness? To remind you of who you are?

Is there one you seem to hold on to more tightly, repeat more often...one that seems to define your spiritual walk?

Please share them--what they give you, or how they facilitate your daily life.

I'm constantly hearing this one in my head, and it generally shuts me up: James 4:12--"There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?"
But the one that defines my basic belief is this one: Galatians 2:20-- "I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me."
That one is very close to my heart. I guess I need to say I don't attain the victory in that scripture as often or for as long as I should--in other words, my vessel still has too much 'Sofia' most of the time, but it is my personal truth.

And you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,686 • Replies: 6
No top replies

lab rat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:22 am
I Cor 15:58
Therefore, my dear brethren, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, for nothing we do for the Lord is ever wasted.

Jer 29:11 - 13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you--plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will come and pray to me, and I will answer you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:01 am
"...the peace that passeth understanding..." Philippines, Chapter 4.

That one keeps coming back to me, especially since Charley roared through here.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 07:27 am
Matthew 6:19.... Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 07:32 am
Isaiah 5:8

Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!

I have loved this verse since my earliest days when I learned to love the wilderness as I hiked in the Sierra Nevada. It runs through my mind when another piece of wild land is lost.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 01:52 pm
I have a few that I'll be posting later as I need to find them.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:25 pm
testing christians (with an s)
0 Replies