Unknown oil canvas painting.

Reply Mon 29 Feb, 2016 02:57 pm
I recently moved to a new house and stumbled upon a painting is excellent shape. It is an oil painting of a village or port trading bazaar. There are ships painted white with sail in the background and in the foreground villagers can be seen amongst each other. On the far left of the painting there is a structure that looks Greek or Roman in appearance and its painted white with black and teal accents. It is a large canvas painting with dimensions of 3'11" x 1'11". In the bottom right corner the artist has signed the painting with "Blossom" or "Blossm" I am unable to figure out which.

I hope to hear from someone to see if this painting can be identified and who the artist is and possible worth of the painting. Thank you.

Below are the images of the painting:

http://imgur.com/I9qakQe

http://imgur.com/Bzo6Pcs
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,418 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Feb, 2016 02:59 pm
@Jthm1987,
Ticomaya wrote:
How to add an image to A2K in 6 painfully easy steps:

1. Navagate to "imgur.com." You can type those words in the browser address area each time, or perhaps if you're feeling adventurous, save it as a bookmark/favorite.

2. Click on "Computer" in the "Upload images" section on the page. You might have to look for this, but it's sorta toward the upper right of the page.

3. Navigate to your image on your computer. (Pretend you are going to email it to a friend.)

4. Click "Start Upload".

(Seconds later .... Voila ... your image is now hosted on the Internet!)

5. Copy the link to the image, which is found to the right of the displayed image. (I use the "BBCode" link, and just paste that directly into my A2K post -- it adds the IMG codes so I don't have to. Otherwise you can use the "Direct Link" and add those codes yourself.)

6. Paste the link into your A2K post (using the IMG codes if using the "Direct Link" method, or without using the IMG codes if using the "BBCode" method.)

(Voila again ... you have just added a link of your image to your post. Always preview to make sure it worked properly.)

Note: The IMG codes should like something like this, as they surround the link to your image in your post:
Code:[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Kxym77c.png[/IMG]

facebook is also a good hosting site...
Jthm1987

Reply Mon 29 Feb, 2016 03:08 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thank you friend!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 06:58 pm
This is a nice 50's - 60's - 70's decorator art/starving art student art piece. I think its done in an out of the tube quick strokes over a 'dry' background, the composition is nice and the colors are rich and make a nice palette.

Got to be worth $450 -$650.

It'd look nice over a Danish modern buffet.
Jthm1987

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2016 07:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thank you for your input bobsal u1553115! That would be great if the face value was around there. I would love to keep it but other members of the family wish to get rid of it. They were just going to throw it out to the trash and I saved it. Smile
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2016 09:46 pm
@Jthm1987,
Look at a gallery that specializes in retro art and furniture. Expect an offer of around $200 or so.
0 Replies