LeonR

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:31 am
Does any one know, how the liesegang rings form? (not wikipedia explanation)
Does they have relation to hidrotermal processes? or Can they be related to economic mineralization?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,267 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 12:04 pm
@LeonR,
https://www.google.com/?client=safari&channel=mac_bm#channel=mac_bm&q=Liesegang+Rings

Leon, hope it's of some help tho I realize that some nations censor this sort of thing
farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 12:49 pm
@LeonR,
its usually cyclic depoition of mineralized water that flows through the already existing rock (its a post diagenetic feature).
Not much is known about em other than the lngth of the structures are usually at right angles to the earth. (Its a feature we can use to measure whether the rock body was still horizontal when the liesen formed. There are some liesegang rings that are metal carbonates so they do have minor ore values, but "bog ores" are more concentrated
0 Replies

LeonR

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 09:41 pm
@dalehileman,
well, I did a google research, and understand the formation and barely the chemistry, but what I really want to know (straight to the point) is, if that rings can be formed as a result of hidrotermal processes, I saw them on an outcrop andesitic dike, and at 200 meters depth on a drill core
dalehileman

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:36 am
@LeonR,
Yes Leon, if ever, there's one for Man
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2016 03:58 pm
@LeonR,
is there any indiction of hydrothermal vents or pegmatites ?
usually there is some directionality associated with the structures, sorta like tree rings or "storm rollers"
0 Replies