The Oregon Standoff Is Over, but the Militia Left Something Behind to Remember Them by: Their Poop

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 07:32 am
@Blickers,
County Sheriffs in Nebraska can tell State Troopers to stay out of town and while they may pass thru on a county road, they can be forbidden by the Sheriff to patrol them.
Blickers

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 07:45 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Usually State Troopers don't patrol local roads if the municipality has a police force. In my own state, if a town does not want to spend the money for a police force they make some deal with the State to have it patrolled for them, it costs them money to do this.

However, I am sure that if a State Trooper saw a crime occurring in Nebraska he could arrest somebody then and there. According to this Posse Comitatus group, the only person who can arrest anyone in the whole county for anything at all is the Sheriff or one of his deputies. And the Sheriff, according to Posse Comitatus, can order both the State and Federal law officers out of his county.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:37 am
Oregon occupier charged with damaging tribal grounds remains at large
Source: Reuters

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:44pm EDT

Oregon occupier charged with damaging tribal grounds remains at large

SEATTLE

A protester in the armed takeover of an Oregon wildlife refuge whose identity was revealed this week after he was indicted on three felony charges related to the occupation remains at large, officials said on Tuesday.

A federal grand jury indictment accuses Jake Ryan of conspiracy to impede U.S. officers, possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in federal facilities and depredation of government property related to the 41-day standoff at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in eastern Oregon.

The indictment, dated March 8, charges Ryan and fellow protester Sean Anderson with damaging an archeological site considered sacred to the Burns Pauite Tribe, through the use of excavation and heavy equipment.

Of the 26 defendants named in the indictment, Ryan and another protester, Travis Cox, are the only two who have not been arrested.

Read more: http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=http://www.reuters.com/article/us-oregon-militia-idUSKCN0WO34V

I think the government is going to seriously prosecute these jerks. Good.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:41 am
@Blickers,
Sheriffs have a lot of power in Nebraska, and very little training. All they need to qualify is a $20,000 bond, no law enforcement training or experience.

The stories I can share from Thurston County.
Blickers

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 07:27 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm sure the power of the sheriffs vary from locality to locality and state to state. But the Posse Comitatus people think the Sheriff of any county can order all state and Federal law enforcement people out of their county-make them physically leave.

I'm sure even in Nebraska, a Sheriff can't walk into an FBI office and say, "I hereby command all of you to immediately shut down this office, get in your official cars, and leave this county or else I will arrest you all at 9am tomorrow."
Blickers

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 07:36 am
@bobsal u1553115,
From your link:
Quote:
The indictment, dated March 8, charges Ryan and fellow protester Sean Anderson with damaging an archeological site considered sacred to the Burns Pauite Tribe, through the use of excavation and heavy equipment.

I knew something was going to happen to those guys playing with that costly heavy equipment. Those Caterpillars cost as much as a modest home in many areas. These guys' heads were so in the ether that they think they are going to take that expensive equipment and start playing games with it-and then they're just going to walk away, no charges. They'll be doing time for that use of equipment, along with the time they'll be doing on a whole host of other charges.

Sorry, Sean, the judge and jury aren't going to see this as just a bunch of people on a camping trip.

This video-still up on the occupiers' channel-shows all:
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 11:43 am
@Blickers,
I know Posse Comitatus sheriffs, and I know their supporters who drive without licenses or insurance, they're all as dumb as rocks. The then Sheriff of Thurston County was not Posse C. He WAS greedy and he hired his wife as dispatcher and his son as his chief deputy. Everything he did was within the law and I happened to know the trooper who lived in the next town up. It was strictly personal over something minor that happened at Ooma's fast food stand, the trooper may have asked someones kid to straighten up and fly right and the Sheriff took exception. The trooper in his official function had to stay on Rt 9 going through Pender Ne as a trooper.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 11:45 am
@Blickers,
I love the fact they documented their bad behavior and made it so easy to prosecute them.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 05:24 pm
https://lintvkoin.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/malheur-damage-a-03232016.jpg?w=640

http://koin.com/2016/03/23/first-look-how-the-occupiers-left-malheur-refuge/

First look: How the occupiers left Malheur Refuge
The occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge ended February 11
Andrew Dymburt and KOIN 6 News Staff Published: March 23, 2016, 12:33 pm Updated: March 23, 2016, 3:45 pm

A photo released March 23, 2016 by the US Fish and Wildlife Service shows the conditions left after the occupation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge ended on Feb. 11, 2016
A photo released March 23, 2016 by the US Fish and Wildlife Service shows the conditions left after the occupation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge ended on Feb. 11, 2016

BURNS, Ore. (KOIN) — For the first time since the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge ended February 11, the media was allowed into the area to see the remnants of the occupiers.

The US Fish and Wildlife Service provided a tour for media and released photos of the way the occupiers left the refuge.

he final cost of the cleanup is not fully known, even by officials with the US Fish and Wildlife Service. However, officials said the cost to taxpayers so far has been about $6.5 million.

Part of the cleanup will be the remediation of delicate, ancient archaeological items. Some were very damaged, officials said.

Safes were broken into at the refuge. Money, cameras and computers are missing and officials said that is just the beginning of the inventory.

Members of the media on tour were advised to watch their step in certain spots along. After some pipes burst, officials said, militia members defecated “everywhere.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeQedTKUIAASmKd.jpg
Blickers

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 06:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote Bobsal:
Quote:
The trooper in his official function had to stay on Rt 9 going through Pender Ne as a trooper.

For patrolling purposes, I can see that. But I'm sure the greedy Sheriff couldn't order state investigators out of the county, could he?
Blickers

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2016 06:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote article:
Quote:
Safes were broken into at the refuge. Money, cameras and computers are missing and officials said that is just the beginning of the inventory.

Members of the media on tour were advised to watch their step in certain spots along. After some pipes burst, officials said, militia members defecated “everywhere.”

What do you want to bet that the "Patriot" press will start saying that the occupiers left the place neat and clean, and the government screwed up the place once they took control of it to damage the reputation of the occupiers?

I knew the place would be a pig sty. Three quarters of these guys have something clinically wrong with them to begin with.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 04:44 pm
@Blickers,
If the investigation is state or Federal, no.
Blickers

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 07:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That's what I thought. Posse Comitatus types think that David Ward, the Sheriff of Harney County where the wildlife refuge is located, can just tell the FBI and the state troopers to completely remove themselves from his county, even though Malheur Wildlife Refuge is Federal property. According to them, the local Sheriff or their deputies are the only people in the county who can arrest anyone at all. State police and the FBI have no such power.

That's why St. Lavoy Finicum refused to surrender to the state police and insisted that he wanted to surrender to the Sheriff in the place he was driving to.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 01:42 am
Just thought I would post this. There is one objectionable line near the end, but perhaps the songwriter meant it as something the "protestors" would say. Anyway, it's funny as hell:

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 09:46 am
@Blickers,
He can order the Trooper to stay on state routes off of the Thurston county sheriffs domain.

Texas has arcane laws regarding constables, town marshals, city and own police county sheriffs, state police and Texas Rangers. Some of them have to do with which level arrests another level, who can arrest the Governor and who gets to arrest Texas Rangers.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 09:50 am
@Blickers,
There's already talk of another Federally protected area being sized up for an occupation. It seems to me Oregonians in general have no patience for this sort of crap.

In the end all these high minded liberty loving patriots had a larcenous/vandalous streak a mile wide.

Petty intellects and fire arms are a bad combo.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2016 10:04 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Seems to me the county sheriff in Thurston County,Texas, might be able to tell the state troopers to stay on state roads throughout his county and not patrol county roads, (because that's the job of the sheriff), but I don't believe that if the state police receive a report that a state law is being broken that they have to notify the sheriff's department of squat. They can just go in, investigate and make arrests as their procedures indicate.

What if the state police are investigating a drug organization in another county and they find that the county sheriff in Thurston is part of it. Do they have to notify the county sheriff that they are investigating him? I do not believe so. They can also arrest that sheriff if sufficient evidence is there.

As far as I understand it, the sheriff doesn't work for the state or the Federal government, (the Supreme Court has ruled so), so the sheriffs don't have to take orders from them. Neither does the state or Federal government work for the sheriff, so they don't have to take orders from him, either.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 05:34 am
Prosecutors: Ryan Bundy Jail Escape Foiled During Cell Search
Source: OPB (NPR)

Federal prosecutors said Monday that Ryan Bundy tore his bed sheets and braided them together into 12–15 feet of rope in an attempt to escape Multnomah County Jail.

Bundy is at the jail awaiting trial for his role in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation earlier this year.

Speaking during a pretrial hearing in Portland, prosecutors said jail staff found the braided rope during a search of Bundy’s cell on April 8. Federal attorneys also said Bundy had stored a container of extra food in his cell.

Bundy denied that he had any plans to escape the jail, calling himself “a rancher trying to practice braiding rope.”

Read more: http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/malheur-ryan-bundy-alleged-jail-escape-foiled/
Blickers

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 09:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote OPB newspaper:

Too bad he didn't escape. Then all the internet and broadcast alerts can say, "Be on the lookout for an escaped convict who looks like this":

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/08/16/2FEAC85D00000578-3390565-image-m-50_1452269358600.jpg

How long do you think it would be before he gets recognized-about 15 minutes?

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 10:36 am
@Blickers,
Looks like someone tried to wipe the dumb as poop off his face.
0 Replies