INK-JET PRINTER NEEDED-whats a good wireless, color, high res,

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 05:46 am
Any experiences ? Id like some advice based on experience. (Good features/Not-so-good features)

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,156 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by farmerman
engineer

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 06:14 am
@farmerman,
It really depends on what your requirements are. Mine were:

- An "office" machine that can scan and print. (You can fax from your computer now, so that is no longer a requirement.)
- Wireless so I can put it anywhere.

That said, I've been very happy with my Canon MG7570. It is fairly small, fast and meets my requirements. I've had good results with Canon in the past so I'd recommend them.

Also comes in black.
https://media.canon-asia.com/shared/live/products/EN/mg7570-b3.png
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 06:24 am
@engineer,
how i it with photo printing? Or should I just forget it and buy a separate printer fo photos?
engineer

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 11:57 am
@farmerman,
The few I have printed have been excellent and it has a separate tray for photo paper so I don't have to swap it out all the time, but I'm not really a photo printer. It is just too easy to submit them to an online company or the local drugstore and get them for less than the cost of the ink and paper.
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 12:33 pm
@engineer,
I need to run proofs and I mess round with em with Photoshop Elements.
engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 01:00 pm
@farmerman,
Here is the Tom's Hardware Guide review. It says great photo printing as a strength. Here is the summary at the end.
Quote:
Buy the Pixma MG7520 if you want great image quality and the lowest ink costs of any sub-$200 all-in-one. If you want to spend less on the printer, consider the Canon Pixma MG5620, or if you want slightly higher image quality, go for the Epson XP-820 in the same price range.
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 02:44 pm
@engineer,
thanks. Im going to run down to Staplles and see these two printers
0 Replies