[answered] password problem

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 04:40 pm
Whenever I try to log in to Able2Know lately, it tells me that my password is invalid.

I do know my password, and, I have my log in thingy set to "remember me".

If I delete my password and retype it, the screen asks if I want to change my password. When I click "No" it signs me in and everything works normally.

What gives?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 855 • Replies: 4
No top replies

panzade

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 05:51 pm
Craven's trying to keep you out.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
Uh oh.

And I thought I was a member in good standing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 06:14 pm
Sounds like the first time you came to A2K, you clicked on a box that said "Do you want Windows to remember this password, so that you don't have to type it again the next time you visit this page?", but you initially typed in the wrong password and saved it. And now, whenever you come along to sign in, it pulls up the incorrect password. When you type in the correct password, I bet it says "The password you entered does not match the password stored in Windows for this user name.

Do you want to change the password stored in Windows to your new entry?
"

If it's saying that, this is a Windows matter and has nada to do with A2K, since A2K only allows password changes through your profile. Since you're not yet signed in, you're obviously not at your profile page. And, actually, I recommend that you change the password this way, to the correct one that you are trying to use. I strongly suggest that you type the password elsewhere, somewhere where you can see that the case is correct and the letters are right, such as in Word, and then copy and paste it into the password field. This assures that it's 100%, absolutely right and has no typos. Then click yes and let it change the stored password and you shouldn't see this any more.

Gonna mark this one as answered.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 06:16 pm
Thank you, jespah.

But it always worked before and just stopped working about a week ago.

It automatically pulls up the password and when I hit "log in" it tells me that the password is incorrect - but I haven't typed in anything.

It is only after I type in the password and it asks me to change it, does it let me in.

I'll go ahead and change it for convenience.

Thank you!
0 Replies