what it the rule for sexuall intercourse between a 19 year old and a 16 year old i Arizona

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 02:04 am
Im 19 and im dating a 16 year old girl we have been togethe for a while but have held off on sex. she i less than 36 months younger than me and she belives it is okay for us to have sex. I want to know if doing this with my partner will land me in jail since age of concet is 18 here in AZ. Also how does the romeo and juliet laws apply to us if at all?

jespah

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 07:30 am
@videogamer,
Per this site, the Romeo and Juliet exception only applies if you're less than two years apart.

Or you could just get married.

Keep it in your pants a while longer.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 09:11 am
The rule is hands off. Go get a smarter more dignified way of getting laid. Also grow up.
Lordyaswas

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 09:37 am
Or move to the UK.

People would hardly raise an eyebrow to a couple aged 19 and 16.

Age of consent 16.
Age to drive a car 17.
Age to drink and vote 18.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 09:56 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
The 19 year old guy is taking the responsibility to delay sex even after the urging of his GF to go for it and you say 'grow up'?

I say, 'good on ya guy, keep thinking straight'.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 10:24 am
@videogamer,

http://www.ageofconsent.com/arizona.htm

13-1405. Sexual conduct with a minor; classifications

A. A person commits sexual conduct with a minor by intentionally or knowingly engaging in
sexual intercourse or oral sexual contact with any person who is under eighteen years of age.

B. Sexual conduct with a minor who is under fifteen years of age is a class 2 felony and is
punishable pursuant to section 13-604.01. Sexual conduct with a minor who is at least fifteen
years of age is a class 6 felony.
Sexual conduct with a minor who is at least fifteen years of
age is a class 2 felony if the person is the minor's parent, stepparent, adoptive parent, legal
guardian or foster parent and the convicted person is not eligible for suspension of sentence,
probation, pardon or release from confinement on any basis except as specifically authorized
by section 31-233, subsection A or B until the sentence imposed has been served or commuted.

There is a lot more on this link but with slightly different subject emphases.
0 Replies