Apartment Eviction/Illegal Drug Use

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 11:18 am
Hi, I live in an apartment complex called St Paul's Square At Adriatia. It's located in McKinney Texas. There is a No Smoking Policy that I am aware of, but I thought it was only for inside the apartments, not the whole community (if you're not familiar with the area, there's lots of shops and restaurants surrounding the apartments) Last night I was smoking marijuana with some friends (who don't live in the apartments). We were smoking in an empty stairwell inside of the parking garage. We got caught. At first I thought it was the police but now I think it was the apartment security. The were dressed like cops but my friends and I didn't go to jail. They just confiscated the weed. Because my friends didn't live in the apartment complex, the security guards let them go home. So I was left with THEIR grinder, weed scale, weed, everything. One officer/ apartment security guard told me I could be charged with intent to sell because there was an empty dime bag he found in the stair well along with wrappers and other trash. But its a dirty stairwell on the last level of the parking garage. It's just dark and dirty. All the trash and bags he's referring to have been there for a long long time. Anyways, the lady guard told me I wasn't going to jail, but that they were gonna write up a report and give it to the apartment manager. Because I live in Texas and pot is illegal, and because there is a no smoking policy, could I get evicted? I'm 16 and I live with my grandmother. I told her about what happened right after the guards let me go. She is NOT happy at all, which I understand but she said if she gets evicted I will no longer be able to live with her. Is it likely that we will? We signed a year lease and it is up in April. There was NO intent to sell. Just to smoke. and we weren't even smoking when they found us we just had it out. Im very worried. Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,325 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 05:10 am
@morganbrooke21,
This is why God made lawyers.

Consult with one.
Maximos-Stealth

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 05:29 am
Hello peopleee. How are you?
0 Replies

thomasehoward

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2019 03:45 am
@morganbrooke21,
I think please consult any lawyer. For example, amphetamines may be legal to possess if a doctor has prescribed them; otherwise, possession or sale of the drug is typically a criminal offence. Only certain drugs are banned with a "blanket prohibition" against all possession.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2019 01:46 pm
@jespah,
You sure it was God that made them.
0 Replies