How could i use punch bag training for mma?

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 08:25 am
New to mma wanna know punch bag training for this. Either to use it or not and it's effects?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,658 • Replies: 6
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 09:14 am
@jamzmaxwell,
A heavy bag is good, Id keep it tied down along the bottom so it can provide some elastic collision whenever youre kicking.
I took up a type of kick boxing years ago when I used it as Physical therapy for wounds. It was great and it helped in distributing force and improving balance during a strike.

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 09:36 am
@farmerman,
I did a few years of pratting about at wing chun during my twenties, and we used a wooden dummy during training. I had permanent bruising to both arms for most of that time.
A punchbag is much more civilised. Very Happy
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 12:39 pm
@Lordyaswas,
sounds really brutal. Since I blew most of my left hand away, I had to learn to strike using the heel of my palm. I couldnt make a fist at all.

If I ever hadda defend myself today, Id look around for a two by four or a shotgun. Coure Im a burdgeoning Sumo tyle. (I eschew wing chun for Buflo wing) From watching TV bouts, many of these MMA guys today are just plain nuts.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 01:26 pm
@farmerman,
I only went along because my mate was into it and most of the lesson was basically a keep fit session.
I gave it up when my lad was a boistrous toddler, and it was the case that I was then being beaten up at home as well.

Still do the stretching exercises though.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2016 06:19 pm
@jamzmaxwell,
You can find plenty of training routines on the bag on youtube. I don't have any to share, only dabbled in it and didn't want to take MMA very seriously (don't wanna mess up my hands etc for a sport I am not that into).
0 Replies

hoodm1947

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2022 11:09 am
@jamzmaxwell,
Many new MMA practitioners think that heavy bag workouts are just for Muay Thai fighters.
0 Replies