paulaj

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
Prayers for Eric and family-

The Lord is near to them that have a broken heart-
Psalm
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 06:46 am
Just waking up and starting my day with more prayers for Eric.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 11:52 pm
Prayers for Eric

He who watches you will not slumber-
Psalm
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:02 pm
Thinking of Eric through the weekend.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 06:42 pm
Checking in with more prayers of course.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:27 am
More good thoughts and prayers for Eric.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:03 am
Good luck Eric.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:02 am
Checking in. Lighting candle.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 11:35 am
The power of prayer-

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them-
matthew
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm
paulaj wrote:
The power of prayer-

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them-
matthew

you know at the church picnic last week I wondered who'd been helping themselves to the potato salad..... :wink: Laughing

Seriously folks your thoughts and prayers are appreciated....haven't heard anything from Eric's brother in a few days which I take as a sign that things are fairly stable...I will probably wait a few days before emailing or calling him.....I'm sure a breather is doing evryone involved a world of good......
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:44 pm
Fingers are crossed. I picked up his card today and will be sending it along to you tomorrow.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:07 pm
[/quote]

you know at the church picnic last week I wondered who'd been helping themselves to the potato salad..... :wink: Laughing.[/quote]

< looks to the left, looks to the right >

I didn't think anyone saw me.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:08 am
Next time there is a church picnic, lets hope Eric is the one eating all the potato salad.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:17 am
Talked to Eric's brother today. They are weaning him off of morphine and he is hallucinating and not having a pleasant go of it. This however, is not uncommon. He pulled his trache tube out last night. That's rough, but they put it back in and thank God he's got the strength to be feisty enough to do it.
These are difficult thing to hear about, and how much more difficult to be experiencing.....and unfortunately sounds like textbook parts of his eventual recovery.

It might be that the focus of prayers for Eric will now take a shift of asking for him to be provided strength and courage to recover well, rahter than grace not to die, so this in itself can be viewed as a good thing I guess. My heart oges out to my old friend though, that's for sure.

Thanks again for your good wishes, cards and prayers. You guys may just restore my faith in human nature........
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:20 am
Dunno if you looked into the card that was signed by my co-workers, Bear - but there were a lot of calls and prayers for strength. Given our line of work - we recognize the hard work is just beginning for Eric.

People who signed the card, and heard about it, have been asking about him - and have added him to their personal prayers.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:29 am
ehBeth wrote:
Dunno if you looked into the card that was signed by my co-workers, Bear - but there were a lot of calls and prayers for strength. Given our line of work - we recognize the hard work is just beginning for Eric.

People who signed the card, and heard about it, have been asking about him - and have added him to their personal prayers.

Please pass along to them my personal thanks...and hopefully Eric will be in shape to do that as well at some time.......yu work with some great people.....both squinney and I were moved by all those signatures......I have all the cards I'm receiving in a big manila envelopr to take to Eric when he's able to understand what they are and who they're from. I also cut and paste some of the posts to this thread periodically and send them to Rodger his brother.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 09:00 am
Thanks, Bear, for the update. I think it is hard to imagine in just how bad a shape he must be. You are right though... the will to live must be strong in him but the strength to suffer through this recovery process will take grit, day-in and day-out.

I know that it must seem odd, not knowing him... hardly knowing you and just through this forum, but I've thought of Eric every day, wondering how his spirit is managing. I'll sing "Amazing Grace" with him in mind this morning.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:51 pm
Prayers for Eric (this one dosen't mince words, powerful)

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Joshua
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:54 pm
May his will to survive never falter in the months ahead.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 07:56 pm
This guy is a mule.....if anyone can tough it out it will be Eric........we're going to have another original Cirkus reunion in summer 2005 if I can get everyone together and my wish is for Eric to be there at least as a guest even if he can't get up to play.......
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:26:16