Thai policeman mistakenly tackles actor playing purse snatch

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:10 am
Col Man wrote:

OM MANI PADME HUM Cool

I agree with what you've been saying, Col. What language is this?

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 06:20 am
Morning all.

Osso, honey. I know you weren't calling me to task. I've never known you to do that to anyone. I am always interested in the multiple meanings of words and ideas.

drom, as for that term, "signifying" the argot of the jazz boys delights me. Gus simply delights in saying nothing and saying everything. Frankly, I admire the man's ability.

Well, BBB. I'm not expecting either you or the Col man to take flight, and the entire idea of a friendly duel will make an interesting diversion. Suffice it to say that I am glad the hippie kid is alive and well, sidearms and all. Razz
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:03 am
Good morning, Letty. I hope that it is a lovely one over in Daytona.

I absolutely agree. Gus is an absolute legend; it wouldn't surprise me if he were a comedian of some unusual sort.

BBB and Col man; they make an interesting team Very Happy.

(Oh, it didn't look to me as if you were doing anything like calling to task at all, Os.)
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:05 am
its Tibetan drom

http://www.dharma-haven.org/tibetan/mani-stone2.gif
Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion. Viewing the written form of the mantra is said to have the same effect -- it is often carved into stones, like the one pictured above, and placed where people can see them.
It is said that all the teachings of the Buddha are contained in this mantra: Om Mani Padme Hum can not really be translated into a simple phrase or sentence.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:06 am
Wow... I would love to be able to speak Tibetan. Have you tried invoking Chenrezig?

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:36 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Rick, you will wage war on Macedonia, or I am removing you from the office of Penguin Demi-God, and it is for that office that Castro is bothering you. He thinks that you look all bright and cartoon-like in a penguin suit, and could thus confuse W. Bush.

(...) Monster! ( :wink: ). You can't remove me! I have the broad support of millions. Removing me will cause a civilwar in Liechtenstein, thus weakening the US position, and it will give strenght to my evil twinbrother Olav of Macedonia, meaning that I will return to him and his evil, and with my billions we will rule the world, while eating feta cheese! WHOAHAHAHA!
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:40 am
oh yes...
and the feelings real...
the devas do exist
the buddhas... they are 'real'
honestly if your ever in the region go to samyeling in scotland its the first and biggest tibetan monastery in the west and the vibe and the feeling there is amazing.... www.samyeling.org
every day they have tara prayers in the morning(tara is the female aspect of the buddha)
mahakala prayers at mid day (mahakala is the dharma protector)
and chenrezig prayers in the evening (chenrezig is termed the buddha of compassion)
honestly its truly a magical place and a small piece of heaven on earth..
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:44 am
I want to go... I think that I will. Did you have to keep to a schedule apart from with prayers?

And hahahá, silly mortal, I can remove you, all right, and I will do, if you don't fight the Burkina Fasoans. We are four steps ahead of you. Col and I paid a visit to Olav, and he abdicated Macedonian rule; he feels that it gets in the way of peace and love. So you have no power base! You have no supporters without the penguin suit! Now, do comply!

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:45 am
Ok, everyone, I'll be back in a bit!

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:49 am
Shocked Olav, why?! Where's the time we danced on graves, ate the flesh of Christian saints and stole candy from little babies? (...) Wait a minute. YOU are backed by Col Man? How? You call for war. He calls for peace and love. Col Man, don't be tricked by drom! Fight the temptation, leave the Burkina Fasoans alone!
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:07 am
Smile hahaha Smile
i keep her and the world in balance through love
left hand, right hand....
every coin has two sides

yes youve got to want to fight...
but love will find a way...
regardless of what they say

how can it feel..this moment...
from this moment, how can it feel?
on this road....

dont worry rick this war phase is just a thing shes going thru Wink on the road to love Very Happy
sometimes a little war is needed to remind people how terrible it is and why we shouldnt fight
hmm
"and lead us not into temptation...and deliver us from the evil one...."
Very HappySmileWink
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:09 am
Who needs war when you can steal some billions of Liechtenstein euro's, marks (?) (what is it?) and move to Cuba? Mr. Green
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:34 am
Razz
if you check out the website drom youll find you can pretty much do anything you like
go to prayers or not...do a course or not...
you can just go there for a vacation/holiday if you like
if you give em 17 quid per night you get a room and 3 meals a day and the chance to wander round the beautiful scottish countriside...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:08 am
I don't intend war. I intend to spread our peace to them Wink.

Fantastic! I'll definitely go there, to do something. Is it near to any rail station?

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:09 am
'I intend to spread our peace to them'. What are you, Republican??
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:21 am
Laughing rick

drom the nearest railway station is lockerbie
you have to get a bus or taxi (if after 5pm) from there to the monastery which is about 10-15 miles out into the countryside
hmm i believe there are details on the website
the next great course is on bank holiday week end 27-30th august
thats when im going next anyway b4 i jet off to the greek islands....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:47 am
Laughing O no, I'm Liberal Democrat! We spread peace, you know, and Democracy ;D!

I'll try to get back to Sc.tland for the next course!

0 Replies