Breast best kept to under 60s

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 07:12 am
Or the other way around, Col ;D.

Jézu, Col, that is absolutely disgusting to envision. I wish to pluck out my inner eye with a rusty eating utensil... they actually have areas for multiple sex on the beach?

(What's a possie?)

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:16 am
yes they do
its really true...
there even a special beach called super paradise where they go to do that thing
i could probably find a photo from the net but id be banned if i posted it here Wink

a possie is a gang of people is an american term for a gang oh i just realised its spelled posse

like here on the divine posse homepage Wink

http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~kmanoj/divine.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:25 am
The word posse derives from the latin posse comitatus, the power of the district (often translated "the power of the county," that is anachronistic as neither the word nor concept of a county existed in Roman republican times). This was a relatively short-lived institution of the Latin and Hernican tribes to deal with local insurrection or brigandage. After the expulsion of the Tarquins, the Romans resorted in emergency to the appointment of a Dictator with the power to summon the legionary levy.

The institution was revived in England in the middle ages as a means of dealing with the frequent brigandage and insurrection in what was for many centuries an indifferently governed nation. (Despite Brit pride, Merry Old had fewer years of peaceful monarchy before 1700 than it did of civil war, insurrenction or absentee monarchs.)

The term was transferred to America when the two then existing colonies of Massachusetts Bay and Virginia were left to fend for themselves during the English civil wars of the 17th century. This sort of vigilantism was very popular on the American frontier, where the only legal authority in thousands of square miles might be a Federal Marshall, operating under the authority of a court hundreds of miles away. The institution of the posse was elevated beyond all reasonable historical description by the proliferation of "westerns" in motion pictures and on television programs.

From there, it entered the vocabulary of urban blacks, and hence has attained its current usage.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 08:30 am
wow Smile far out Setanta...
thx for that Very Happy
0 Replies