nickname s hunt on Facebook!

kancer

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 05:30 am
Out of the blue, after years spent on fb, they ve asked me if I was using a nick! I ve start a fb profile cos of a game and therefore didn t think of any name except the one of my online game s character, which was obvious and at this time fine with fb! I did what I,ve been asked to do, sent them proof of idea etc... But it takes ages for them just to verify it, leaving me unable to log into my favorite games i ve spent money on, which seems to be abit unfair! My account so far is still disabled after 2 weeks cos fb seems to take a lot of time just to verify an ID well done...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 397 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 06:04 am
@kancer,
Facebook makes a big deal about this. I have a friend who is having an ongoing battle with them as well. She's just using a made-up name at the moment. There are various reasons why you might not want to use your real name on facebook and I'm not sure why they care - they can't verify the id of everyone who signs up anyway.

Pearl E Luster
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 07:13 am
@kancer,
This is the Facebook Real Names Policy in action. Get used to it.

Your only recourse is to prove you are either using a legit stage name (as in Lady Gaga) or you are in danger of being abused/stalked due to the use of your real name.

You have neither. You are not going to win this.

Legit game companies on Facebook (think Zynga) don't push users to make tons of friends in order to gain an in-game benefit. So talk to Zynga or whoever makes the game, and make your case to them about transferring rights. Be prepared to show proof that it's your account (most likely from being able to respond to an email sent to the email account used to set up the second FB account. Even if you can't get into FB anymore, that does not affect an independent email provider).
0 Replies