Rahm Emanuel. What a Turd.

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 05:03 pm
Today Dr. Jill Stein joined the growing majority of Chicagoans now calling for Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s resignation after the video tape of the brutal police slaying of 17 year old Laquan McDonald became public following a recent court order for its release. “Rahm Emanuel has presided over years of extraordinary violence by the Chicago police. Now he is deeply implicated in the 400-day cover-up of a savage police killing, which enabled the Mayor’s 2015 re-election to proceed without the firestorm of protest the video has now unleashed.
“Another shameful example is the failure of Cleveland Democratic county prosecutors to indict police officers last week in the murder of Tamir Rice.”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,491 • Replies: 11
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 05:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't know if the coverup is true, but let me guess...

I have no idea how Chicago can right itself, probably very complicated if doable at all.

Think, overdone maccaroni.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 06:48 pm
From the New Yorker
the-sudden-but-well-deserved-fall-of-rahm-emanuel
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 07:23 pm
@JPB,
Off to read it (I was waiting for the mag to show up, but I'm always behind a week or two on those).
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 08:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Oy.

Tacky Boy!

That's a riff on the title of some novel I've read, something like Sticky Boys, a Korean novel if I remember, in the Soho Crime Series.

This was gross to read.

I took Rahm as sort of cute (I would, eh), sort of funny, and probably somewhat slimy. Now I'm embarrassed for that.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 08:44 pm
I never understood how the Democratic party could support this guy.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 08:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Ok, I looked it up. It's Slicky Boys, by Martin Limon. My copy is autographed, must have bought it at the bookstore on Rio Grande Blvd. when I was first in Albuquerque.

Slicky works too.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 09:16 pm
@ossobuco,
correction -
that was a novel set in South Korea, not a Korean novel.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 11:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
I never look at him as a democrat. I always saw him as being more like a republican rather than a democrat. That includes his time as Chicago's mayor and Obama's Chief of Staff. I don't particularly like his politics or his ideology.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 11:07 pm
@Real Music,
What are his politics and ideology?
Real Music

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 11:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The first thing that comes to mind is while he was Obama's Chief of Staff it has been reported that he did not want Obama to pursue passing the Affordable Health Care Act (Obama Care). He was resistant to passing Obama Care, but the president stuck to his guns and pursued it and got it passed into law in spite of his then Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel's resistance. There are some other examples of him being more like a republican while being Chicago's mayor as well. I figure I would just provide one example for now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2016 07:49 pm
0 Replies